Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple to require all app submissions be iOS7 optimized by Feb

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/...mized-by-feb-1

I hope we get an UDK update until February with iOS7 support, otherwise no UDK iOS dev won't be able to submit an app anymore.

Yeah, I'm not entirely clear on what that all really means.
    XCode 5 was released after the last July UDK build - so I'm guessing from the announcement a new UDK build is a must.
    My App icons should be iOS7 compatible (thanks Apple for the "improved" curved corners - iOS7 is HIDEOUS) & my game seems to be running ok under iOS7 at the moment.

Comment

I think it means that UDK has to be compiled with XCode5 64 bit to be accepted by Apple. Otherwise iOS7 works fine with the current UDK July build, you can even add the new icons. Would be nice to get INI settings for the new iOS devices aswell.

Comment

Yeah, it would be great. I believe that Epic Games will release another one narrow UDK build to solve this problem with the new Apple rules.

Comment

I'm just going to keep bumping this until I know what's going on - I'm hoping to release Feb.

Comment

Me too... It's getting nervous

Comment

My udk game works fine with ios7. I think it just means the app needs to be able to run on ios7.

Comment

That's the official answer...

Click image for larger version

Name:	PrepareToFUp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	3250162

Anyway, I believe in Epic. And I believe that they will repair Keyboard in iOS7. We can't finish our game with out it...

Comment

your posts kind scary for a beginner like me ... it seems like everybody having problems with udk, the beginners and the advanced developers ... I feel like epic doesn't care about udk for iOS .. plus I can't find any tutorial or book for iOS that is not outdated .. I think I will have a heart attack soon

Comment

UDK is cool, but we need some support from epic with really critical bugs.

Comment

Hope this gets figured out. Would hate to think that UDK will be useless after February for iOS development.

Comment

Anybody try to release an update or anything since Feb 1rst? I'm planning a game and might just have to put it in Unreal 4...

Comment

Originally posted by AshesBurnBlack View Post
                          Anybody try to release an update or anything since Feb 1rst? I'm planning a game and might just have to put it in Unreal 4...
                          I don't see UE4 being released until the end of 2014, I'd stick with the current UDK which works fine pretty much.

Comment

So do you know if the UDK July build will still work for this Xcode5 stuff? Unreal 4 is out already for some Unreal Devs but I was really hoping to release for iPhone and iPad and for a release this year some time. If I go the UE4 route a release this year would not be likely

Comment

Hello, does anyone knows something about this problem? has epic already released the new version? or we have still to wait?

Comment

Working...
                              X