Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeze rendering

Hi all,
    I wanna start/stop rendering while open my canvas map scene. I used the "FREEZERENDERING" console command but i didnt understood how it is work? I wanna stop rendering on only scene(meshes,parcitles,etc..) on IOS. Is it possile?

This console command only work on editor. Probably this command for debug. Bump. I still looking solution for start/stop rendering.

Comment

+1 for wanting a quick way to disable object rendering

I looked into trying to fully disable rendering ages ago - best idea someone suggested was to move/point the camera somewhere it couldn't see anything temporarily - so at least you're not rendering anything. Not anywhere near as good or as easy as just turning rendering off though.

The FreezeRendering console command does work on mobile devices - however it probably doesn't do what you want. It seems to freeze the renderable object list at the point in time the command was made - you can still move around your level & items like your pawn, hud, etc update - but level geometry isn't updated as you move - it just renders what was visible at time of command execution (ie it freezes the rendering camera position). This is actually very handy for checking what was being rendered/debugging/optimising (which I believe is what it's probably designed for).
      I've not tried this on a release build.

Cheers
      William

Comment

Good idea camera turn to dark space. Thanks for information.

Comment

try to use ViewportClient.bDisableWorldRendering

Comment

Originally posted by Flame_xXx View Post
            try to use ViewportClient.bDisableWorldRendering
            That looks useful, I may try that when I have a full-screen HUD up.

Currently I just switch to one of my in-game cameras that I know will be looking at a smaller number of polygons (my top-down camera).

Comment

Working...
            X