Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!! with weird lighting effect on lightmap - UDK mobile (IPAD 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!! with weird lighting effect on lightmap - UDK mobile (IPAD 2)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 2013-06-01 03.42.06 23123123PM copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	3253440

Name:	Photo 2013-06-01 03.42.06 PM copy.jpg
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	3253441

Name:	Photo 2013-06-01 03.42.06 PM copy22.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	3253442

NEED HELP ligthing,

FYI im new here. Hello guys .
    Anyways. Im working on a top down stealth game.Been working on this game for 3 months now. facing few issues working in UDK mobile. One of the main issue is the this Light . As you can see, there gradeint colours towards the end of the lights or shadow .

The lights are baked in production mode and the mesh resolution for lightmap is 2048. This is a screen cap on IPAD 2.
    Pls Help :THANKS

(PS: "light needs rebuild" is for the other areas in the map, this is a test area i baked to show the issue)

I also am building an ipad game. The lighting requires an additional UV map to be used for lighting. That sussed it for me...
    BTW how did you change the HUD its racking my brain trying to get mobile game to use it!!

Comment

That's compression issues, I don't know that it can improve anymore than that. The only thing I can think of to help is to increase your light brightness and adjust the color correction to make it darker again, that way the shadows get rendered to a greater range of values.

Comment

Try setting IndirectNormalInfluenceBoost (in World Properties > Lightmass), to 0. It may help at least a little. In my experience, all that setting really does is give more chance of compression artifacts, and is only semi-useful if you a lot of surfaces with extremely heavy normal maps.

Comment

Working...
        X