Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Pause an MP3 on iOS device?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pause an MP3 on iOS device?

Is there any documentation on how to pause an mp3 on an iOS device?

Hi,
    no way.

Comment

Thanks. Are there any workarounds? I tried muting everything instead, by calling the Quiet SoundMode on the Master SoundClass in Kismet. It seems to work in the editor but not on any idevices. What do you do instead of pausing an MP3?

Comment

If you are referring to the iOS musics, then YES, you can.

"mobile PauseSong" to pause, and
        "mobile ResumeSong" to resume.

Comment

Did you try that and which version?

Comment

Thanks for the help! This worked great! I'm using UE3 version 10454 changelist 1408243. In kismet I used New Action/Misc/Console Command and then called mobile PauseSong and mobile ResumeSong and it works as I'd expect. I'm still having some issues where it's not working intermittently but I think that has to do more with some issues with the pause menu itself.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by imnickb View Post
              Thanks for the help! This worked great! I'm using UE3 version 10454 changelist 1408243. In kismet I used New Action/Misc/Console Command and then called mobile PauseSong and mobile ResumeSong and it works as I'd expect. I'm still having some issues where it's not working intermittently but I think that has to do more with some issues with the pause menu itself.

Thanks!
              Just tried this on the NOV build, and despite following your notes, and trying several other methods, I cant get the music to pause/unpause on an iphone5/ipad3 along with the mobile viewer.

Did you need to specify a specific song? Does it work in the Preview window, or just on the device? Which build are you using??

Thanks!

Comment

No, you don't need to specify a certain song, it will only pause the compressed MP3 asset that is playing back. Since the idevices can only play one compressed audio file at a time, there is no need to specify a track, it will pause whichever compressed MP3 file you are playing. In the properties for the Console Command in kismet, I have typed "mobile PauseSong" (without quotes). This will not work when previewing in the editor or on any pc builds, it's a mobile only feature. I had to add additional kismet events to pause and unpause the audio for other platforms. I'm new to UDK so forgive me if I get the terminology wrong, but we're using UE3 version 10454 changelist 1408243, so maybe this doesn't work in the free version of UDK? I'm using an iPad3 and it seems to be working.

A good way to test it, is to play the build on you mobile device, and during gameplay, press 4 fingers down on the screen. Make sure your fingers are far enough apart for the pad to sense 4 individual contact points. This will bring up a console command pop-up window. In the box, enter mobile PauseSong. This should trigger the mobile PauseSong event and pause the track. If it does, great! That means calling the event in kismet should work, so you probably just need to go back there and make sure it all looks right and make sure you're calling the event in the right place. If triggering mobile PauseSong using the 4-finger method on the pad doesn't pause the music, you're either not playing a compressed mp3 file, or there could indeed be a problem with the mobile PauseSong event in your versions of UDK.

Also, I'm playing the music in kismet using New Action/Sound/Play Music Track and pointing to the mp3 file in the MP3 filename box. Perhaps there are other ways to play an mp3 (through matinee???) that make it not possible to pause the MP3 using mobile PauseSong?

Let me know if you figure it out!

Comment

Let me know if you figure it out!
                  YEESSSSS! Got it worked out! Thank you so much.. I had given up on this functionality and started to design around it, so i'm super stoked to have that worked out!! thanks again for your super thorough response.

So basically. I had everything setup as described, with one.. teenie... tiny exception.

I didnt have ALL PLAYERS wired into the Target of the Console Command Kismet Node..

So while the direct entry (tapping with 4 fingers) worked, I couldnt get it to work via Kismet. Now it works perfectly!!!!

again, thank you so much!

Comment

Great! I'm glad you got it working! This kicked my butt for a week and I definitely wasn't the one who figured it out. I was never able to find any documentation on it. Thanks Psyke for pointing me in the right direction. Now I just need to figure out how to get an MP3 to seamlessly loop in Unreal...

Comment

I don't think this works anymore. Has anyone tried to use Mobile PlaySong / StopSong / Pause/ Resume recently?

*edit.

Nevermind. These do work.

Comment

Working...
                      X