Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iOS 6 game crashes on launch

Dear all,

I've just updated my iPad2 to iOS 6.0 (10A403) and my previously built IPA's don't run, the app crashes immediately after launching it.
    I can see a glimpse of the initial "powered by Unreal Technology" image, and then it returns back to the home screen.

Previously installed games like Epic Citadel and Vroom seem to run without any problems.

I am using the May version of UDK. I have also tried installing older IPA's built in the past, with older versions of UDK, they seem to suffer from the same problem.

Is anyone else experiencing problems after having updated to iOS 6?

I have the same problem
    Recook = same problem.
    My old application /Epic Zenta,Great Pyramid/ from AppStore = OK

UDK 2012-5

Comment

My old Xcode test on iOS 6 = OK

Comment

I've just tried installing the Epic Citadel map that comes with UDK locally, same issue. The game crashes on launch.

Ok, so just to get things clear:
        - AppStore UDK games seem to work perfectly on iOS 6
        - UDK games/maps/test-levels installed locally do NOT run on iOS 6

Comment

I'm experiencing the same exact issue ... UDK logo pops up, and automatically closes.

Comment

I took a look at the device log, and this was what I picked up for the period of the app opening and instantly closing:

"Thu Sep 20 13:31:40 2012 backboardd com.apple.backboardd[52] <Warning>:Unable to obtain a task name port right for pid 1062: (os/kern) failure (5)
            Thu Sep 20 13:31:40 2012 backboardd com.apple.backboardd[52] <Warning>:Application 'UIKitApplication:com.YourCompany.GameNameNoSpaces[0xd9fc]' exited abnormally with signal 9: Killed: 9"

The strange thing is that the app doesn't actually crash; if you take a look at the active apps, it's still open, and if it were a crash, a modal popup would've shown a crash message.

Comment

So signal 9 is an application kill, and not an actual crash.
              A memory issue?

Comment

I think that memory issue is due to the first warning, "Unable to obtain a task name port right for pid 1062:..." I'm sure this is due to some certification/signing/Ini File Parameter , that Epic themselves have to update or fix.

Comment

Try http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...1#post30742110 it must not be needed on iOS 6 for development the .stub files are zip files so you can remove or add files you want ( epic could add support for dylib bind if they wanted )

Comment

That worked, Thanks a lot!

Comment

This worked for me too. Although it is not the most elegant way, I'm glad that it's solved.
                      Once again, copied from the other post, to make sure everyone's got it.

SOLVED

Solved by smart guy called Martin
                      Remove the following from .mobileprovision:

<key>get-task-allow</key>
                      <true/>

Comment

Nice to see people got the test apps working again but I would much prefer if Epic release an official update. ^^

Comment

Worked for us too, thank you guys.

Comment

Thanks for the info, however this causes some serious issues with TestFlight (using Ad Hoc Distribution). Has anyone got this to work on iOS 6 using TestFlight?

For our game, if I remove the 'get-task-allow' flag from the .mobileprovision file it fails to install through TestFlight. If leave the provisioning file as is, then I can install through TestFlight but the game itself quits out immediately on the static logo as described in this thread (and the others).

So, while there might be a workaround with installing a provisioning file manually on the device, it seems I have to choose distributing the Beta the "easy" way or making the game function on iOs 6.0... It's a strange dilemma.

Comment

Sorry about this guys, we are aware of iOS 6 having issues and are definitely working on getting it fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X