• Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks, that's a great help !

Regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

In the viewport change your view mode and select "Brush Wireframe". If you want work on "unlit" or "lit" mode, for select in edge or vertex of your BSP=> ctrl+shift+ clik in face of your choice of the BSP.
    Shortcuts for different views = ALT+1/2/3/4/5/etc...

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Stupid Question RE : Geometry Mode

Stupid Question RE : Geometry Mode

I'm following a book which is introducing me to udk and ios development, but the author hasn't done a particularly good job with it, and has skipped many steps during the tutorials, so I'm finding it difficult in some stages to understand a lot of what is being said.

I have created a room, and a few random boxes have been placed around it, by using the builder brush, csg add and then moving to a new spot and doing the same thing again, changing sizes, etc here and there.

Now in the book, the author mentions going into Geometry mode, which is fine, but I cannot select any previously created geometry and access the verts / edges / faces like the author has, he simple states, go into Geo. mode, select the verts and move them left / right, etc. I switch to geo. mode, then all I can select on an object is a face ( but with no manipulator ), double clicking brings up properties, after stabbing in the dark, CTRL + ALT held down selects everything in the scene, but at least seems to give me access to verts, edges, faces, how do I do this on a single object I have selected, I have also noticed, if I go to 'Find Actors' and double click there the chosen object, then this will also default to 'geo. mode', but for single objects which is exactly what I want, but.... How do I do this directly in the viewport wthout having to select everything ( CTRL + ALT ) or use the 'Find Actors' method ?

Thanks
Working...
X