Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    hello again,
    I successfully exported one mesh with all the pieces animated but when I'm importing into udk the animation looks horrible. I ve tried a few things with only rotation uncheck but to no success. Any ideas? btw, I have one rigged mesh and 22 bones.
    I can provide animation file in max 2010 or fbx format and the upk also. I wanted to try and test the export/import options with the file provided in the UDK Help, but UDK may 2012 cannot import it.
    I kinda am at a dead end right now with my project. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Anyway, another problem that I have is with a barrel when the player smash it I want to make something visual. I know I have two choices: individual pieces animated like the falling stones or I can put an FX there. My question is: can an FX in UDK use geometry? I want to make a few broken wood planks from the barrel and animate the explosion in the FX. Is it possible?

thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I couldn't find any options to do that. I even read the 3d max help on fbx export options. maybe I am missing something....

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
    I think there's just a checkbox in FBX to make sure it doesn't separate out each object

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think there's just a checkbox in FBX to make sure it doesn't separate out each object

Leave a comment:

• How to Export Baked PhysX Animation from 3d Max to UDK

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem exporting a few stone pieces, that fall from the roof, to UDK.
    The idea is simple, the roof is collapsing and a few pieces block the players path. I've made the animation in 3d Max using fractured boxes with Voronoi script and simulated with PhysX.
    The problem is that when I import to UDK from the fbx file, its filling the content browser with individual stone and individual animations. I know somehow that this is correct but its very hard to work on individual pieces(align them properly, use a trigger to start the animations on every stone when the player is near) and not very efficient on Iphone either.

I've attached a movie describing the animation and a picture with the content browser in UDK after import.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv5M7...ature=youtu.be
    pic: http://deviart.ro/layer/3ds_max/content_browser.jpg

So, is there a simpler/smarter way of doing this?

Thanks in advance,
    Ionut
Working...
X