scorpion turret rotation restriction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scorpion turret rotation restriction

hey guys i am testing out the controls with the mobile device and i have a question...

how do you restrict the rotation of the turret alone to make it only rotate up and down... like make it so even if you rotate the right analog stick round to the left or right it still wont rotate the turret...

If I am rigth this is done in the vehicle class. in the Scopion_content version. Mabey look at the Cicada content Class. I am shure it is done there. sadly I have no UDK here. so i canĀ“t check it. :P

Comment

in the physics asset you can constrain the gun rotation joint.
      or hack the code so only the up/down movement is sent to the skel controll

Comment

thanks tegleg but thats the problem ive been looking through the coding of all the scorpions gun rotation joint and i cant seem to find anything... any chance you could help me find the coding?? once ive found it i can progress :/

also if it cant be found easily, ive had a look at the physic asset of the scorpion and it doesnt seem to allow you to control guns rotation joint contraint.....

thanks for the reply though

Comment

..........?

Comment

..........?

Comment

ok just took me like 30 seconds to work out, heres what to do.
              open the scorpion animtree
              select the node called UTSkelControl_TurretConstrained : TurretRotate
              at the bottom of the window open the Constraint section
              tick Constrain Yaw

and thats it
              have fun

Comment

legend thanks that works BUT as ive tested the mobile controls (analog sticks) by default can control the scorpion... i have made a custom vehicle factory that extends from the scorpion and ive checked through the coding and its exactly the same except the mesh etc.. my vehicle however once in game doesnt get controlled by the mobile controls... so frustrating..... what makes the scorpion be controlled by the mobile controls, is it something to do with like adding my vehicle factory to a set list that allows the others to use these controls? ive tried following the tutorials on custom controls but for that i dont know how to set the seperate analog sticks to two different parts of my mesh e.g left stick controlling the base and the right controlling the turret AS my mesh is ONE mesh and not two... ive tried the other way as in seperating the mesh into two parts and making the controls for each mesh but it just doesnt work, the turret doesnt get updated when rotating the base....

Comment

i dont know sorry, i dont have an i-thing.
                  maybe have a look at the SetInputs() and WeaponRotationChanged() in UTVehicle.
                  also in ReplicatedEvent() there is talk of magic happening to do with 'weaponrotation' lol. some native stuff i beleive.
                  and PlayerDriving state in playercontroller, in there there is ProcessDrive() and PlayerMove() that assigns the driving controls.

Comment

Working...
                  X