Verts in an iOS scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verts in an iOS scene?

Hello, I'm currently making models for an iOS project of mine and I was wondering what is the highest vert count that you can safely (meaning with few, if any, performance issues) have? I'm currently working on a house and its architecture is such that it is a bit difficult to keep it very low vert/poly. What would be an acceptable poly/vert count for the exterior of the house as well as the interior and all it's decorations and such? I realize computational power varies between different models, so I'm asking for the 2 latest models. Thanks in advance.

It depends on many things---instancing, number of objects, textures, lightmaps. There's no way to know. iPad 2 though is capable of quite a bit though, I had something like 100,000 polys with some pretty good quality lightmaps running at 40fps, also including some specularity and a couple normal maps. No Realtime shadows though.

Comment

iPod4 which is one of the lower tech devices has np with 30k tris/10draw calls/512textures including flattened Normalmaps. Not sure how far you could push the tris but I don't see any reason to go for more for a mobile game. Most of them are kept at pretty low poly.

Comment

I'm stuck similar with your problem. But I think I can find out other solution

Comment

Working...
        X