Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by UDKStormed View Post
    Thank you, Dodge! This is my fourth time going through those document again.

Do we have to go through these process for each game that we want to test and sell?

Which one is easier between "Launch Assistance" or "Manually Created" one?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

"com.username.appname"

username = "YourName", or "YourCompanyName", or "YourPreferName" that you would like to go by when you sell your apps.

appname = The name of your app.

For example... I selected to use "Game Studios" instead of "MyName", and the game name is "Something", then it should look like this

"com.GameStudiosSomething"

The "com.GameStudios." should always stay the same, and the "Something" should keep changing according to the name of my app.
    By the way (correct me if I'm wrong), it doesn't matter what you put for this, its almost the least important. However it's good practice to follow a format.

Just to let you know, if you com.username.appname will be the identifier that will sit in your iOS device and will be either created new or replaced according to this ID.

For instance, if you push in a app called
    com.username.myapp1

then push the same app, but this time its called
    com.username.myapp2

You'll have 2 apps: myapp1 and myapp2 on yr device.

However if you push the 2nd one as
    com.username.myapp1,

it will overwrite the first one.

Its useful to know when you pushing different builds / iterations of the same app. Say, yesterday's build vs today's build and want to compare quickly the differences on your device. Or even keep a progression of builds in your iOS (for remembrance?) to see how you progressed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I believe so, I think some instances can be skipped. Once youve done it once, least youll know what to do! haha

The launch assistant, just goes through the tabs on the left hand side. I tried both a few times, till I got it working!

Yep thats pretty much it, as ive said, make sure you keep it simple, and make a note.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dodge View Post
    Haha, experiment! See what happens when you put whatever in!

I think the bundle ID needs to be your "com.username.appname"

The rest can be whatever, but make sure to take a note or printscreen of it!
    Thank you, Dodge! This is my fourth time going through those document again.

Do we have to go through these process for each game that we want to test and sell?

Which one is easier between "Launch Assistance" or "Manually Created" one?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

"com.username.appname"

username = "YourName", or "YourCompanyName", or "YourPreferName" that you would like to go by when you sell your apps.

appname = The name of your app.

For example... I selected to use "Game Studios" instead of "MyName", and the game name is "Something", then it should look like this

"com.GameStudiosSomething"

The "com.GameStudios." should always stay the same, and the "Something" should keep changing according to the name of my app.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha, experiment! See what happens when you put whatever in!

I think the bundle ID needs to be your "com.username.appname"

The rest can be whatever, but make sure to take a note or printscreen of it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK!!!! I got it passed that part. Now I am stuck at the "Customize Info.plist"

Bundle Display Name - can be anything?

Bundle Name - can be anything?

Bundle Identifier - the log in ID?

Help please!!!!

Thank you all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UDKStormed View Post
    The iOS Provisioning Portal needs to be done on Mac?
    No, you only need a Mac to submit your finished app to the App Store.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The iOS Provisioning Portal needs to be done on Mac?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thinking outside of the box is the only way to get UDK to work sometimes! haha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry Spacekatgal. At the time I didn't have my device, but wanted to get all my certs sorted.
    That's why I said, the way I did it, apologies I don't always work by the book.
    Ive offered my device ID for now if they just want to get the certs done. Then later, pop in their own IDs.

As for device description, you can call this whatever you want.
    That's fair enough. ^^ It's been my experience that thinking outside the box is absolutely part of this.

Bri

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry Spacekatgal. At the time I didn't have my device, but wanted to get all my certs sorted.
    That's why I said, the way I did it, apologies I don't always work by the book.
    Ive offered my device ID for now if they just want to get the certs done. Then later, pop in their own IDs.

As for device description, you can call this whatever you want.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How about the line before it where it asks for "Device Description"? Should I leave it blank also? Never mind!!! I cannot continue until I get my Device ID.

Thank you all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It will not let me continue without the Device ID.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Again, this is the way I did it, up to you though.
    I think I have to disagree, Dodge. I mean, you're going to have to provide a UDID at some point before being able to compile. Maybe there's a trick around it I don't know about, but I'd go get the device. This step is so quirky.

Bri

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok! I will leave it blank for now and put it in later.

Thank you all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Again, this is the way I did it, up to you though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X