Urgent help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
    Haha, experiment! See what happens when you put whatever in!

I think the bundle ID needs to be your "com.username.appname"

The rest can be whatever, but make sure to take a note or printscreen of it!
    Thank you, Dodge! This is my fourth time going through those document again.

Do we have to go through these process for each game that we want to test and sell?

Which one is easier between "Launch Assistance" or "Manually Created" one?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

"com.username.appname"

username = "YourName", or "YourCompanyName", or "YourPreferName" that you would like to go by when you sell your apps.

appname = The name of your app.

For example... I selected to use "Game Studios" instead of "MyName", and the game name is "Something", then it should look like this

"com.GameStudiosSomething"

The "com.GameStudios." should always stay the same, and the "Something" should keep changing according to the name of my app.

Comment

I believe so, I think some instances can be skipped. Once youve done it once, least youll know what to do! haha

The launch assistant, just goes through the tabs on the left hand side. I tried both a few times, till I got it working!

Yep thats pretty much it, as ive said, make sure you keep it simple, and make a note.

Comment

Originally posted by UDKStormed View Post
        Thank you, Dodge! This is my fourth time going through those document again.

Do we have to go through these process for each game that we want to test and sell?

Which one is easier between "Launch Assistance" or "Manually Created" one?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

"com.username.appname"

username = "YourName", or "YourCompanyName", or "YourPreferName" that you would like to go by when you sell your apps.

appname = The name of your app.

For example... I selected to use "Game Studios" instead of "MyName", and the game name is "Something", then it should look like this

"com.GameStudiosSomething"

The "com.GameStudios." should always stay the same, and the "Something" should keep changing according to the name of my app.
        By the way (correct me if I'm wrong), it doesn't matter what you put for this, its almost the least important. However it's good practice to follow a format.

Just to let you know, if you com.username.appname will be the identifier that will sit in your iOS device and will be either created new or replaced according to this ID.

For instance, if you push in a app called
        com.username.myapp1

then push the same app, but this time its called
        com.username.myapp2

You'll have 2 apps: myapp1 and myapp2 on yr device.

However if you push the 2nd one as
        com.username.myapp1,

it will overwrite the first one.

Its useful to know when you pushing different builds / iterations of the same app. Say, yesterday's build vs today's build and want to compare quickly the differences on your device. Or even keep a progression of builds in your iOS (for remembrance?) to see how you progressed.

Comment

Working...
        X