Using Udk remote requires UDK License?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Udk remote requires UDK License?

Hi, i'm waiting for the approvation of my apple developer subscription. I'm now working on a iphone game but I don't have an UDK license because is the first time i try to create a game so i will buy it if i will be able to complete the job.
    I downloaded the UDK remote on my Ipad but i can't understand if to use it i just need the apple developer id or if i need the udk license too.
    Do someone use it?

You don't need a UDK license for that. You only need a UDK license when you are ready to sell what you've made with UDK.

In fact, I don't even think you need an Apple license to use UDK remote. It connects over your network to your computer and uses the device as a touch screen for testing. You only need the Apple license to test on a device and to submit to the App store.

Comment

Ah ok thank you, i think that the first time i try to use it asked me the apple id as a developer if i remember correctly (but i can be wrong).
      Tomorrow i will try. Thank you.

Comment

darthviper107 is corret, you do not need to purchase any licensing to test iDevice games through UDKRemote. Although if you want to test on the device itself then you will need an Apple Dev account for UDK to package the game.
        And as said before, UDK license only when you want to sell the game

Comment

Thank you guys.
          Another question, does it use solely the wifi connection? I don't have wifi here and so I connected the Ipad with the wire to the usb of the pc but in the udn website it says just:

"UDK Remote uses networking to communicate to your PC, so you may need to setup the Wifi on your iOS device to be on the same network as your PC. Contact your network administrator for help with this, if needed. "

Comment

Well I m sure threw 3G it doest work, the only way I made it work for me was to setup a wifi, and if it doest work, make sure you dont have any firewall blocking your ip or other softwares doing so. Aswell dont change the port.
            But so yeah you need the wifi : )

Comment

Yes, you'd need to connect to your computer either by having both connected to a router, or if your computer has a wireless connection you could network them directly through wi-fi

Comment

Working...
              X