How to make person move only by X and Y axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It is possible actually, but that would involve writing your own custom functions for movement, that compare the value of X and Y and only move to the highest/lowest direction.
    It's not needed though, because you can either use 4 buttons, or you can use 2 SlideType. http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MobileInputSystem.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dragon666 View Post
    why don't you just make buttons and move it with that. If you are going to move in X and Y I presume you will not need dynamic velocity?
    I handled with that yesterday. Only used 4 buttons. Give it multiply float and get vector component. If B variable in the multiply float positive person move forward or right depending on what axis was linked in the vector component. If B float is negative person move backward or left I think it is impossible cancel diagonally movement in joystick through kismet. It is set by default to change by XY. Only way to cancel this change go to class and delete this influence

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why don't you just make buttons and move it with that. If you are going to move in X and Y I presume you will not need dynamic velocity?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I havent had much exp with the joystick input but here is something from the Jazz tutorial map you recieve with UDK (ive taken out some kismet to make it less complex for what im tryin to explain)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	3248963

Here you have 'Mobile Look' gathering data from a joystick created with the 'Create Input' node
    "Strength" is how far the joystick has been moved from its centre point, so that will be linked into you "Velocity Mag" (Note that you can place Math nodes between these two connectors to multiply the value to increase speed, etc)

Then your rotation vector is where you want to concentrate on. Off the top of my head i would probably say your best bet would be to use the "Get Vector Component" node to get the X and Y values it produces, then use a combination of "Compare" nodes to set restrictions for when your player can move up down left right.

If i had the time i would try and put something together to show you in more detail but I have heaps going on atm
    If your not to sure with a few of the nodes mentioned above type them into the UDK help website and it will give you a pretty good overview of them . Because depending on how new you are to kismets some of the stuff i just said may not make much sense. All I know is half of this stuff made no sense to me a few months back!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr Random View Post
    So you want your character to basically move horizontally and vertically. No Diagonal directions.
    I could see this working with Comparing Bools. Kismet checks to see if x movement is activated, if 'true' dont allow y direction to be effected. And vice versa

There could be an easier way but thats just the first thought that comes to mind
    Could you please eleborate. Cause I am new in UDK and learning. Can it be done somehow with mobile input access?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So you want your character to basically move horizontally and vertically. No Diagonal directions.
    I could see this working with Comparing Bools. Kismet checks to see if x movement is activated, if 'true' dont allow y direction to be effected. And vice versa

There could be an easier way but thats just the first thought that comes to mind

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MrRipGames View Post

In this tutorial rabbit can move by x,y and xy(diagonally). But need movement by x and y. I tried with kismet but couldn't deal with it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Like this tutorial ?

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...K-iOS-Tutorial

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How to make person move only by X and Y axis

How to make person move only by X and Y axis

I have some issues with mobiles input zones. I have made input zone joystik and wanted to make person move only by X and Y axis (like person moving on chess board) as I move joystick. I wanted to do this throw kismet, but didn't successed. Is anyone experienced such a problem? If yes, please share how to make it, guys
Working...
X