file to activate ads, where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

file to activate ads, where?

so this link http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/InGameAds.html says to edit teh ad manager code in the UDNPlayerController.uc but i can't locate that file for the life of me. wheres it at in the udk folder?

found it. C:\UDK\UDK-2012-03\Development\Src\UDKBase\classes

Comment

acually does anyone know if thats the right location it doesnt seem to be working for me. no fake ads are showing up. does it have to be a certain game type. like frameworks or cloud?

Comment

The In Game Ad-Manager doesn't seem to work properly at all for the most part. All I've ever gotten it to do was lower the framerate substantially. All you can really do is report what isn't working and hope Epic Games fixes it and provides more documentation for troubleshooting.

Comment

Originally posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
          The In Game Ad-Manager doesn't seem to work properly at all for the most part. All I've ever gotten it to do was lower the framerate substantially. All you can really do is report what isn't working and hope Epic Games fixes it and provides more documentation for troubleshooting.
          hmm some seem to get it to work properly though... the question is just... HOW? xD

Comment

if i could track down where the UDNPlayerController script file is located im sure i could get it working, just nobody seems to know where it is.

Comment

That is the name used for the custom player controller in the example.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Comment

The UDNPlayerController isn't in UDK.
                It's an example on UDN.

Inherit your custom "PlayerController" from at least "GamePlayerController" and add this:

Code:
                class ChadlingsPlayerController extends GamePlayerController;

var InGameAdManager AdManager;

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
                {
                        Super.PostBeginPlay();

AdManager = class'PlatformInterfaceBase'.static.GetInGameAdManager();
                        if (AdManager != none)
                                AdManager.ShowBanner(true);
                }

Comment

well that explains why i couldnt find it haha... so im using a mobileplayerpawn as my character. does that make a difference?
                  ive done everything in kismet so bare with me im an artist not a programmer. so i'm still a little confused about where to add the code. is the "gameplayercontroller" the name of the file i would add it in then?

Originally posted by uberman View Post
                  The UDNPlayerController isn't in UDK.
                  It's an example on UDN.

Inherit your custom "PlayerController" from at least "GamePlayerController" and add this:

Code:
                  class ChadlingsPlayerController extends GamePlayerController;

var InGameAdManager AdManager;

simulated function PostBeginPlay()
                  {
                          Super.PostBeginPlay();

AdManager = class'PlatformInterfaceBase'.static.GetInGameAdManager();
                          if (AdManager != none)
                                  AdManager.ShowBanner(true);
                  }

Comment

Working...
                  X