Mobile Light Shafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Light Shafts?

Hello, im doing some research on the possibility to make a iOS game with the UDK, for now i got pretty amazed on how high the quality of this engine is even of mobile platforms but i was wondering about few things.
    My target platforms are iPad 2 and iPad 3 so i made my scene with about 120k polys, some awesome shaders and baked all together to obtain a good quality and a smoth 50-60 fps on the iPad 2.
    The next thing that come in my mind are post process effects.. Ok i managed to get a nice lens flare without a big performance impact, but when it comes to LightShafts , Bloom or DoF... I go down to 20-30 fps, that i mean, is not that bad for a mobile device.. but still not my target..
    So, i can get rid of the bloom and the DoF, but what about the lightshafts? i lose about 15-20 fps just enabling them.. is there a way to lower the quality of them allowing me to be able to use them without that big performance cut?
    I'ts just that i would like to know before i start putting planes and fake volumetric shafts all arround my level and then i find out a setting whold have done the same..

Post processing is just expensive on those devices. One way is to lower draw calls, and other ways to reduce the rendering time in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
      Post processing is just expensive on those devices. One way is to lower draw calls, and other ways to reduce the rendering time in general.
      ok, yes i thought so.. i will keep on optimizing and try it on an ipad3 to see how it performs, thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      X