problems porting levels to IO's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Polygon counts I've found don't matter so much. It tends to be the number of draw calls that matter more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for the info, where i can find how much polys can be used for the io's devices ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    On devices with 256MB RAM memory warnings can occur if you are using 90-100MB RAM. So if you want to assure that your app is always running without warnings, you should not use more than 90MB.

This early warnings doesn't mean your apps gonna crash. Mostly you can use 115-125MB RAM. These values aren't sure, because it always depends a little on what apps the user is currently running. So if you have a user who has running a lot of other apps in background, you might not be able as much memory if your app's the only one running.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for the info Solid Snake

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, if you add up the MB it uses, if it is more than 75% of the device memory... it is likely to crash.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    searching on the forum i found stat memory to see the memory usage of the maps, my map says on the pre computed lights 100.2% usage, can this make the map crash on the ios device?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is there a tool to let me know the amount of memory used for the map ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does your map fit within memory limits? How many textures, meshes you are using,etc

Leave a comment:

• started a topic problems porting levels to IO's

problems porting levels to IO's

hello i'm trying to porting one of my levels to the ios mobile, but i'm having a little trouble, if i select my regular map the game is crashing to the ipod's desktop, if a use a blank map, only with the start player and light the game will run perfect.

i know that means there is something not supported on my map, i have fixed all the materials for the map, but my question is, where i can find a guide on what is supported on the IO's levels ?

thank in advance for all the help.
Working...
X