[Solved] Text with outline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Text with outline

Is there any simple way to have ingame text with outline? Do we need a special font for it? It something that should be simple, but we just can't make out how to get outline on the text... Is there any "default" way to do it?

For the iOS it is best to modify the font textures to have an outline. Look up the UDN which describes how to do it. The otherway is to use lots of draw text calls which draw the text with +1, -1 positions in black first and then draw the original text on top. But this adds alot of draw calls which is no good.

Comment

I've been looking on the UDN, and I can't find any information about how to modify the font textures or how it should be modified... I don't really know how it works at all, though as far I know, it isn't possible to fix with true type fonts at all?

Comment

Just open the font, click on export, then edit the sprites sheet in photoshop, add your effects and then import it back in.

Comment

Is there any format I should import it back as? How can I make UDK recognize it as a font after I imported it back?

Comment

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Impor...xisting%20Font , does this not describe it in enough detail?

Comment

That seems to do it, can't see why I didn't see it earlier. Thanks for help!

Comment

Working...
              X