Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Help] Mobile Access Button to Fire Gun

Hey Peeps!

I may have overlooked somewhere but I have searched and searched and I can't find an answer to this question. I have the February UDK. I have a mobile input zone called "MobileFireButton" and I basically want it to fire the Shock Rifle that the character has just picked up.

I've tried a few things but I'm pretty new to kismet and nothing I've tried works. I was hoping there was some really simple kismet to do in stead of making my own projectiles.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. My kismet is currently a bit of a mess but if you need a screenshot I will clean it up and post it. But I'm hoping the solution is really simple.

Many thanks,

Leverage

If you're using the normal weapon pickups (not spawning your own projectiles).

It's as easy as:

Just make sure you add an image to the input zone, so it's on your screen when you play. Then click the input zone (or touch it if you transfer it onto your iDevice).

If this is not what you're talking about, post a screenshot of what you have now. I'll see if I can figure out what it is your problem is through that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vawx View Post
      If you're using the normal weapon pickups (not spawning your own projectiles).

It's as easy as:

Just make sure you add an image to the input zone, so it's on your screen when you play. Then click the input zone (or touch it if you transfer it onto your iDevice).

If this is not what you're talking about, post a screenshot of what you have now. I'll see if I can figure out what it is your problem is through that.
      Hey,

Thankyou so much for a quick reply. I can't seem to see the image you posted. I'm not sure if it's me or if the link is wrong?

I have an input zone with a .png file and it changes to the pressed down image when I click it.

I am using weapons already in UDK and not using custom projectiles for this project.

Comment

It's strange you can't see the image. I see it in your quote. :P

Here is the direct link: http://s10.postimage.org/b5lmgs1w7/k...simplefire.jpg

Comment

I got it working. I knew it was something simple just could not figure it out or find out what it was. Thanks Vawx, you're a life saver!

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Working...
            X