Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaleform ios quality?

Hello everyone,

I began trying to work with scaleform for my ipad app, just loaded a simple menu with a background, and it looks awfull. On pc/mobile it looks great, as soon as I upload it to mobile, it's pixelated and low quality... Any option I can change to increase the image quality? It seems like it's suffering from some compression issues...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fotografia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	3248918

Here's a screen of what's happening

Comment

Follow the Scaleform tutorials.
      There are several things you need to set:
      • import all images as "losless" - no compression in Flash
      • make sure all your images are either steps of 2, or divide by 4
      • put all your PNGs in that complementary folder shown in the tutorials, so that the imported does not compress them (honestly this part I was unable to do , so I just made MobileScene menues and HUD)

Also note that if you are going to use them for texturing you must make the textures compatible with UDK mobile texture settings.

I tried making my mobile menu with Scaleform, but I was unable to get my images to be the proper size because Flash "cuts" the transparent portions outside of the images on import and thus reduces the original size (and I'm no Flash or Scaleform expert so I am unable to cope with this issue). MobileScene works as a charm if you don't want fancy glows and complex vector stuff in your menu.

Comment

The thing is, on the pc it looks perfect, everything is crisp, just when I download it to the mobile that it causes trouble

Comment

Ok, done all the steps on the tutorial, and same problem happens... looks great on the pc, awful on mobile....

Comment

Have you set the texture group of your image to "UI" ?

Comment

Yes, everything is set to UI

Comment

Working...
              X