Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[Solved] Some help with jump button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Solved] Some help with jump button

Hi everyone, this is my first post in the forums,

I'm trying to make a little platformer game, but I'm having some trouble implementing a jump button through UC. I have it working in kismet, and it's functional, but It's not optimal...

I've seen in the keybindings that there is a mobile key preset named "Mobile_jump" assigned to the jump command, but I don't know how to assign it to a button...
    Would really apreciate if someone could give me some lights since I'm just now starting the programming parts and I'm feeling a bit lost since this is a very complex engine.

Thank you for your time and attencion,
    Catware

Ok, so after a little time devoted to UC, i found the zone I want to test first.
    This is done in jan build.
    There is a default key in "defaultgameudk" named [UberStickLookZone MobileInputZone], that is the default left joystick when you begin a new game. Since I don't want to start the whole adding a new key, I just want to modify it to be a normal button, but with the some name, so that the engine calls it for me.
    here is what it look like right now:
    [UberStickLookZone MobileInputZone]
    InputKey=MOBILE_Jump
    Type=ZoneType_Button
    bRelativeX=true
    bRelativeY=true
    bRelativeSizeX=true
    bRelativeSizeY=true
    VertMultiplier=-0.5
    HorizMultiplier=0.35
    X=-0.2465
    Y=-0.4
    SizeX=0.1965
    SizeY=1.0
    bSizeYFromSizeX=true
    RenderColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255)
    InactiveAlpha=0.25
    bUseGentleTransitions=true
    ResetCenterAfterInactivityTime=3.0
    ActivateTime=0.6
    DeactivateTime=0.2
    TapDistanceConstraint=5
    I changed the type to button instead of joystick and changed the command to mobile_jump, defined in baseinput:
    Bindings=(Name="MOBILE_Jump",Command="Jump")
    Yet, when i start the game, it does not work, it appear as a button, but does nothing when clicked...

EDIT:Right after posting I realised what the problem was, I was testing in a game that is basicly a modified version of jazzgame...
    I just need to understand now how to make the jump button assigned to the character mesh in 3rd person...

Comment

Working...
    X