Always show that lighting needs to be rebuild on ios device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always show that lighting needs to be rebuild on ios device

When I changed udk from 201109 version to 201112 version, and use the *.mobileprovision file which product by udk 201109 version, create a default midday lighting map, choose Production Quality lighting, build lighting and build all, save the map, then use unreal frontend to cook and to deploy to ipod touch 4 device, it always show "lighting needs to be rebuild" on ios device, but I see the shdows are right. if use the map EpicCitadel or JazzMiniGame no warning, there also no this problem on udk 201109 version. But testing on the udk 201201 version also show "lighting needs to be rebuild" on ios device.
    It is a very strange issue, I do not know how to resolve this problem, I have searched the forum, but not found out a way for this problem, or found a way to ignore this warning on ios device.

Hi zzgame, having the same problem with 2011/12 version. You are not the only one. Will post if I find a solution.. As we need 2011/12 version for our game. Are you testing on iPad 2 ?

Comment

No, I did not test it on Ipad 2, only on Ipod touch4, does someone else have this problem on ios device?
      Tom161, I found a compromise way, using ToggleAllScreenMessages command to ignore the warning.

Comment

Same problem with 12-2011 and 3GS...

Comment

Hi zzgame, I haven't found a solution yet, cheers for the "fix" though. I will however keep trying as my lights are also not correct on the device, I thought it might be the ini files, as they added a lot for a5 processor devices, but with you on the iPod 4 and sekocit on the 3gs, it must be something else...

Comment

i think it may have something to do with the light maps. If you have a mesh without a 2 uv channels on it, i think that happens. I have a december build and i havent gotten that warning, but i am not using lightmass and all my meshes have 2 uv channels, so i hope it helps narrow the problem down

Comment

Cheers for the input will have a look at that. The weird thing is that it is fine in editor/pc mode but not on mobile. Thanks will try and tell the outcome.

Comment

Good and bad news..GOOD: I fixed the error... BAD: I deleted all the lights and started again with a new light setup in 2011/12... it's a pain but works without error anything...btw. I did not change the UV channels some only have one channel. Hope that helps. Seems to be a problem when upgrading.

Comment

hi tom161, i'm having the same problem with the 2012-01 UDK, so how did you fixed it exactly? did you delete all the lights and set them again?, 'cause my maps comes from an older version of the UDK, so it's probably when we migrated the project to the 2012-01

Comment

Hi, yeah as our game didn't need that many lights, the deletion wasn't a big problem... I migrated from August to 12/2011, and it got rid of the rebuild light message (which was only displayed on the device )

Comment

Is there a way to reset the lighting of a map? 'cause we just deleted all lights of our map, built the lights with no lights on it, save the map, re launched the editor, and setup all the lights again, built them with production light, and the message still shows

Comment

Hi mate, I am sorry to hear that...this is a real problem when upgrading unfortunately that was for me the only way to fix the problem...did you delete everything? All lights, light mass objects? Etc.... I am out of ideas apart from that sorry mate, as I said it worked for me... I hope you sort it or someone here knows a way on how to deal with this.

Comment

We deleted all the lights and lightmass volumes, what do you mean exactly with "Light mass objects"? 'cause the problem persist
                          When you make the distribution release of the game does this warning messages dissappear? or is there a way to tell the engine to not show those messages?

Comment

Hi,
                            yeah I meant the lightmass volumes... you can try this command "DISABLEALLSCREENMESSAGES" on the ipad also check the udk commands, I remember that there is a command you can use to get rid of the message, but if you reload the game the command turns it on again...so it was not of help to us... you can check it on the device if you tap the screen with 4 fingers, if I remember correctly. Sorry to hear that it gives you so much trouble... good luck

Comment

As tom161 mentioned, "DISABLEALLSCREENMESSAGES" will get rid of that message. In our experience this was caused by lights that were *just* on the edge of prims bounds. You can use "LISTUNCACHEDSTATICLIGHTINGINTERACTIONS" in the editor log to see which interactions have failed.

If that doesn't work, or it returns 0; we are aware of the issue and can hopefully have a solution for you soon. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Comment

Working...
                              X