Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by ColdWave View Post
    This is the right answer! By editing this ... when i upload the binary in the information tab about devices there are only : iPhone and iPod!

Cheers!
    I am doing as you said, however when I edit these two .plist files and RUN the frontend process, after 40% completion of the installation, the following error is displayed:

Start
    blah!
    blah!
    ... Install is 20% complete at phase 'InspectingPackage'
    ... Install is 30% complete at phase 'PreflightingApplication'
    ... Install is 40% complete at phase 'VerifyingApplication'
    Install \ Update of "UDKGame-IPhone-Shipping.ipa" failed with Unknown error 0xE8000080 in 30.74 seconds
    IPP ERROR: Failed to install IPA on device
    [Apr 22, 2:45 PM] COMMANDLET 'iPhonePackager.exe deploy UDKGame Shipping' FAILED

[Apr 22, 2:45 PM] PIPELINE FAILED TO COMPLETE.

Please help? I only wish to target my UDK game for the iPhone and iPod touch and NOT iPad. Please help?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just another way to change the device type before archiving the game for release.

I think there is one other way to do it by changing your build setting of the project in xcode.

In the build setting for the project or target search for deployment tab.

Take a look at the image below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-01-02 at 4.51.33 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	3248707

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by twofishsman View Post
    <key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
    <array>
    <integer>2</integer> <------ edit there
    </array>
    <key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
    <string>4.3</string>

You can edit "UDKGameOverrides.plist" and "Distro_UDKGameOverrides.plist"(you can find them at \UDK\UDKGame\Build\iPhone\);

This is the right answer! By editing this ... when i upload the binary in the information tab about devices there are only : iPhone and iPod!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ColdWave View Post
    Can i submit my game to apple only for iPhone 3GS/4/4S and not include iPad version ?
    As far as I remember when talking to an Apple rep, you can have additional comments in your Meta data that are only there for Apple employees to read...These additional comments could and I think are where you can apply different restrictions on your app...
    Like for example, not supported on iPad...
    Don't quote me on that though, but I'm pretty sure that that's the simple way around it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    <array>
    <integer>2</integer> <------ edit there
    </array>
    <key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
    <string>4.3</string>

You can edit "UDKGameOverrides.plist" and "Distro_UDKGameOverrides.plist"(you can find them at \UDK\UDKGame\Build\iPhone\);

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well now I'm not sure anymore lol, well I made a universal app but I remember I had to choose for what devices will this game be available to purchase , and I'm sure that was when I was setting it up in iTunes Connect, either in the setting up the app or maybe setting up the sale contract , that was last month , in November 2011!
    mgrigorov - Settings are only for testing, they don't appear in distribution version of your game, unless you manually set it up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    HI, I've edited Distro_MobileGameOverrides.plist, IPhone-Info.plist, MobileGameOverrides.plist and paste within them this code

<array>
    <integer>1</integer>
    </array>
    My question is do you know in wich of these three files must be the code or in all three or there is no matter at all.
    I have another question: How to remove the settings for the game on the devices. When I open settings on iPhone it shows my game and some settings for it, but I think they are redundant.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I know there is an option in Xcode when creating normal iOS apps, but I've seen no mention of one in iTunes Connect nor did I see one in the screenshots of the submission process in the docs. All the option in Xcode does is put the settings in the .plist anyway so it's really no different than doing it manually.

I'll ask for confirmation from one of the people more familiar with this, but everyone is on vacation at the moment so it could be a few days.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I submitted my game, there was no option (that I saw) to choose between iPhone and iPad only. I submitted in September.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there an option to do it in iTunes Connect? I didn't remember one, but I haven't used it for about a year and it's down for the holidays currently so I couldn't check. If so, that is definitely easier.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When setting up an App in your Apple developers - iTunes Connect you can simply choose whether you will make this app available only for iphone\ipod or ipad or universal etc... nothing complicated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I believe you need to set the UIDeviceFamily in your .plist override file (UDKGame/Build/IPhone/UDKGameOverrides.plist) to specify different allowed device types according to: UIDeviceFamily Reference

Leave a comment:

• started a topic iPhone only ? no iPad

iPhone only ? no iPad

Can i submit my game to apple only for iPhone 3GS/4/4S and not include iPad version ?
Working...
X