Missing Directory & iOS Developer Program Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Directory & iOS Developer Program Question

I'm trying to set up a basic UDK iOS game so that me and my team can start development.

I started by following the video found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usKO056s6KY

I followed it until I got to 8:45 in the video and he says to go into
    <Drive>:/UDK/UDK-<year>-<month>/MobileGame/

I have been searching for over a week on why I am missing this directory, and its not because it is are hidden or something. I have tried installing the most recent version of UDK. The only other thing I can think of is because the guy in the video is using a 2010 version of UDK.

I'm guessing its probably something really obvious and that is why I am not finding any answers.

Also, are there specific details on what buying the $99/year iOS developer thing will give us access to other than publishing abilities? I saw someone say that you needed it to make games, even when using UDK. I'd prefer to get as much of this project done before spending money, if possible.
    I have read Apple's main page that talks about how great it is, but it doesn't give me the details of what I can't do without it.

Thanks in advance!

Get the UDK December.2010 build and you will be able to follow the tutorial.
    http://download.udk.com/UDKInstall-2010-12-BETA.exe
    When you get more familiar with it you can switch to the latest `model` - it has different directory structure

You will be able to develop using the mobile previewer, but to be sure that something you did works, you will need to deploy it to a device.
    The previewer will only give you an approximation of what the app will look like.
    This is what the license is for - you wont be able to deploy without one.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks.
      Could we make the entire game from UDK 2010-12 or will it be like, not compatible or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboy View Post
        Awesome! Thanks.
        Could we make the entire game from UDK 2010-12 or will it be like, not compatible or something?
        Yes, you can develop a complete game with that version. As AdAstra said, it's a good idea to start with an old UDK (more tutorials available) and then when you feel confortable with UDK switch to a newer one(only if REALLY needed, else don't migrate).

Comment

Working...
        X