Does Sept ver. supports ATI Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom P View Post
    Did you read the whole post ? If it's running perfectly, then go on and start the mobile previewer ! Good luck !!! Far from perfect, it crashes every time you start the mobile previewer.
    Of course I read the whole post,(do you think I'm blind?) and its obviously because you haven't bothered to read the four or five other threads about this problem in other builds....
    Update your drivers from AMD and not some dodgy, site on Google was one piece of advice...Another was to update your NET framework..
    If none of that works you must have a bottom of the range card which you may as well trash anyway!

And it is perfect on a normal standard PC........I also started the mobile previewer and its perfect too!!!

Seek And Destroy Games
    Tutorials for UDK PC and iOS
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lexluthornumber1

Comment

So my friend was right after all.

Comment

Updated .NET, updated ATI drivers. Still crash at mobile preview.

Comment

Originally posted by seenooh View Post
          So my friend was right after all.
          Yes seenooh your friend was right because he pays attention to advice on the forums!

There is also plenty of support for UDK out there, some on the UDN and UDKC but its almost impossible for Epic Games to have a dedicated team solely responsible for tech support when the people wanting support haven't spent one cent/penny on the engine..........

If anyone knows how little support Rockstar games gives to people who've spent more than £30/$40 on a game that continually crashes and can only run on machines at NASA then everybody would understand that Epic Games are leagues above all these other games development and production companies....

Comment

Your card or PC isn't up to scratch then!

Comment

Have you tried a reinstall of UDK Tom because you seem to be alone out there on this one..July and August were broke but its definitely fixed now in September!

Seek And Destroy Games

Comment

Works for me using a MBP 2011 in Windows 7 Bootcamp. On the other hand it doesn't work for me when running in VMWare Fusion 4, but I dont really expect it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
                  Yes seenooh your friend was right because he pays attention to advice on the forums!

There is also plenty of support for UDK out there, some on the UDN and UDKC but its almost impossible for Epic Games to have a dedicated team solely responsible for tech support when the people wanting support haven't spent one cent/penny on the engine..........

If anyone knows how little support Rockstar games gives to people who've spent more than £30/$40 on a game that continually crashes and can only run on machines at NASA then everybody would understand that Epic Games are leagues above all these other games development and production companies....
                  Two Points:

1- UDN is the best documentation I've ever seen for a game engine, yet it isn't 100% perfect. Not all questions can be answered there, specially advanced ones or like the example thread I posted in my previous reply.

2- Epic being busy and all, understandable, valid, and makes sense, yet this (lack of direct support) will still be considered as a disadvantage to UDK nonetheless.

Comment

This issue should have been fixed in the September UDK. If you are still getting crashes when running Mobile Previewer on AMD/ATI cards, please post your machine specs, including your card and drivers and anything else that might be relevant.

Comment

Hi, sorry I don't know why, but after reinstalling my OS everything runs fine. Now I'm on Win7_64 and finally it's running. Cool, thanks.

Comment

Hi, sorry I don't know why, but after reinstalling my OS everything runs fine. Now I'm on Win7_64 and finally it's running. Cool, thanks.
                        Great news then Tom..
                        That's the nature of software sometimes

Seek And Destroy Games

Comment

Hi guys,
                          I've tried the Sept version on my machine (ATI Radeon HD 6450) and all work will after a full recompile.
                          But another guy in my company runs the same code and content still troubled...with( ATI Radeon HD 4600)
                          Any similar situation?

Comment

Working...
                          X