Does Sept ver. supports ATI Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Sept ver. supports ATI Card?

I'm still using June ver. since July & Aug Ver, as you know, some bugs related with ATI video card. Have you guys ever tried the Sept ver?

It just came out, why don't you try it yourself?

Comment

Just because it's not easy for me to download 1.6G with my poor 512k ADSL over sea...
      I came to see if I'm fortune to get any notice before I began the work. Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Nope, still no go on ATI.
        "NVidia, the way it's meant to be edited" ???
        Perhaps NV pays money for this s***.
        More and more UDK seems like a waste of time. I wonder if someone at epic reads this forums, doesn't seem so.
        Now it makes sense that Gameloft skips it's first UDK game and wants to come back to UDK next year, when it's more matured.
        I wonder if a company that pays thousands of dollars also has the same problems or if it's only the free version that makes one problem after another.
        But DX11 seems to be more important than a previewer that runs correctly, cool for mobile developers.
        The mobile previewer is broken since there is DX11 support ? Do I remember correctly ? Life was nice when there was a mobile editor and a pc editor. The mixed one only makes problems.

Comment

Tom,

UDK does run on ATI cards. My friend has one and he messed around with UDK and never told me he had problems running it. UDK Mobile hasn't matured yet so we can't really start and criticize, but I do agree that DX11 is not as important as iOS support which they should pay more attention towards it, and specially when it comes to optimizations. Lack of official support is there, but in their defense it's a free edition and they are not obliged to give support. However, they are working hard on the documentation side to help minimize the amount of questions/support. One of the problems that most of the questions I see around have been answered one way or another in the docs, and nobody puts an effort to search. Granted, not every question will have the answer waiting for it there, but yeah it's a free edition and we can't do anything about it.

Comment

Its free until you make more than 50000 with it, so it is not really free. It does not run on ATI regardless what your friend says. Let him start the editor, load a level and then fire up the mobile previewer. CRASH !!!
            They messed it up by melting the pc and mobile editor. I like it more to have two editors if they run the way they are meant to do.
            They do not give any support for the free version, but if you are successfull they open their hand and want money. Nice for the fact that they never supported this version.
            Its a shame that freeware engines tend to have better support, they are free too and they are really free.
            My problem is that i lost money on this bug and being a student i do not have much money. I bought a new graphics card and still same bug.
            The engine is out since december, still very few games done with it. Hope migration to another engine wont be so problematic.

Comment

I actually thought that you said UDK doesn't run at all on ATI cards, my bad. I'm not sure about the previewer to be honest. You need to check the logs and see what errors are there and post them in the issues forum.

They do not give any support for the free version, but if you are successfull they open their hand and want money. Nice for the fact that they never supported this version.
              Its a shame that freeware engines tend to have better support, they are free too and they are really free.
              Well, if you release your game then you're done and you don't need support. The thing is, UDK is free during development, you do not pay anything, you can't ask for direct support so we have no choice but to accept the current situation. Every engine out there has its own disadvantages, and to UDK, lack of support is one of them. If direct support is a priority to you, then probably this is not a suitable solution for you.

Comment

Yes you are right, support is important to me. But not direct support, any kind of support would be nice.
                With UDK I feel like a beta tester for epic. They are happy about a huge amount of support from the community. They dont need to pay anything and also hope that the community will help itself. A little bit disappointing.
                My second problem is that i thought ios would be a real target for them.

Comment

At this stage, the community won't be able to provide "advanced" support as they are struggling as well, let alone small issues. Here is a simple example to show how no one could help but the devs (answered my question after 3 weeks!). I can't blame the community as it's relatively new on everyone not just you and me. I said this before, depending on veterans to help out is not a good idea as they are busy themselves, but yeah it's a dead end as of now and there isn't much you can do about it except for hoping for the documentation to be perfect at some point.

So if you are not willing to struggle like everyone else then I believe it's not suitable for you at the moment.

Comment

Tom,
                    The game is fair. If someone don't like the rules, he can quit anytime. We are the free beta testers of Epic - absolutely true. At the same time, they also offer us an option to deliver dreams. It's a deal.
                    However, dreams for all the players are not easy. If you accept, you can only solve the endless problems one after one, with a sunny big smile.

Originally posted by Tom P View Post
                    Yes you are right, support is important to me. But not direct support, any kind of support would be nice.
                    With UDK I feel like a beta tester for epic. They are happy about a huge amount of support from the community. They dont need to pay anything and also hope that the community will help itself. A little bit disappointing.
                    My second problem is that i thought ios would be a real target for them.

Comment

It's nice that Sept Ver. supports Mac- it must be a huge work in the previous months. Congratulations and cheer up. And I suppose ATI card issue in their following update schedule, since it's a big gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom P View Post
                        It does not run on ATI regardless what your friend says. Let him start the editor, load a level and then fire up the mobile previewer. CRASH !!!
                        We have the same problem here but we are making an actual game w/o a problem. The mobile previewer is not really useful : you have to test on devices.

Comment

Originally posted by dprat0821 View Post
                          It's nice that Sept Ver. supports Mac- it must be a huge work in the previous months. Congratulations and cheer up. And I suppose ATI card issue in their following update schedule, since it's a big gap.
                          You may know this but just to be clear : UDK supports Mac export.

- You can't install UDK on a Mac.
                          - You can install an UDK Game to a Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by dprat0821 View Post
                            I'm still using June ver. since July & Aug Ver, as you know, some bugs related with ATI video card. Have you guys ever tried the Sept ver?
                            Yes of course it does.........I have it installed now on four PC's running ATI graphics and its perfect!

Seek And Destroy Games
                            Tutorials for UDK PC and iOS
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/lexluthornumber1

Comment

Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
                              Yes of course it does.........I have it installed now on four PC's running ATI graphics and its perfect!

Seek And Destroy Games
                              Tutorials for UDK PC and iOS
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/lexluthornumber1
                              Did you read the whole post ? If it's running perfectly, then go on and start the mobile previewer ! Good luck !!! Far from perfect, it crashes every time you start the mobile previewer.

Comment

Working...
                              X