Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Not solved]can't deploy to device anymore. Unable to load Dll iTunesMobileDevice.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Not solved]can't deploy to device anymore. Unable to load Dll iTunesMobileDevice.dll

Hello, I am getting this error when deploying to my iPhone4:

Code:
    Executing command 'Deploy' ...
    Trying to connect to mobile device running iOS ...
    IPP ERROR: Error encountered ('Unable to load DLL 'iTunesMobileDevice.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)') while trying to connect to a mobile device.  Please verify that iTunes is installed
    IPP ERROR: Failed to install IPA on device

[sep 1, 5:46 ] COMMANDLET 'iPhonePackager.exe deploy MobileGame Release' FAILED
    It just happened suddenly, everything was working earlier. I've seen this thread, but it didn't help.
    I also searched for the file on my computer, and found it in Program Files (x86) -> Common Files -> Apple -> Mobile Device Support.
    Is it where it is supposed to be? Then I can't see why it cant find it just suddenly...

Have you tried powering down the phone. I had a similar issue, and i checked all the provisioning stuff and it was good. Restarted my device and it worked. When you try to load the IPA (deploy) is it after a full recook?

I've had a missing DLL file, and i switched from a full clean and recook, to just cook and it loaded up fine.

Have you read this thread yet: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=814635

Comment

Thanks for replying, but your suggestions didn't work. Also about that thread, are you sure it is related? It did work well earlier, and I didn't renew my certificate recently... but I guess I should try doing what the thread says...

Also, it happens wherever I cook or not.

Comment

Nope, using the August iPhonepackager doesn't work either... I also tried to reinstall iTunes, it just won't work

Comment

Well, you can always back up your data (maps, packages ect....) and do a fresh install.....I've had to do it a few times. Pain in the you know what, but it seems to get the job done.

Comment

Ok, so I uninstalled iTunes and removed all apple programs and files I found on the computer then reinstalled it. It's now working again Oh, and it not enough space in the title to put [solved] there...

Comment

Hey,

Good to see it's working again.

You should remove suddently and add [Solved] in your title

Comment

so.. what other apple things did you have that you uninstalled? I'm getting this problem now, and simply re-placing itunes didn't fix ..

Comment

I loosely followed the instructions here: http://zardozz.com/zz/2008/04/how-to...f-itunes.html/. I skipped the part about registery cleaners, though. Do not bother with those.

I also deleted some folders and hidden files, but I can't recall which ones at the moment... Will post when I find out.

Comment

Uninstalling everything in windows add,remove that had apple as its author then reinstalling iTunes and rebooting seemed To fix it...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Comment

... I seem to be stuck with this problem again.

Comment

Did you just update anything?

Comment

yeah everything got upgraded for iOS 5 . . Can't get it to work even after uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting in betweens.

Comment

Hm... when it stopped working for me, it was after an update. Haven't upgraded to ios 5 yet, though (want to be sure it works first). Got yet a new reason to wait now :P.

Comment

hey Blade, have you found the solution for that itunesmobiledevice.ll problem? I'm stuck as well... sigh...

Comment

Working...
                              X