Material that changes colour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Actually, I think MaterialInstanceTimeVarying should work on the mobile colour/vector parameters that are given to us in the material's Mobile settings. Try making a MaterialInstanceTimeVarying for your mobile material and changing "Mobile Emissive Color" or "Default Uniform Color" params over time.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Insta...meVarying.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A material for that would normally be pretty easy to set up and then you use a MaterialInstanceTimeVarying instead of a normal MaterialInstance... however I'm not sure about mobile since it doesn't really support the material editor. Matinee might be your only option there.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Material that changes colour.

Material that changes colour.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to create a material that changes colour over time. I can do it in matinee, but I'd prefer to do it in the material editor. All I need is to have the material change colours a few times, having it fade from one colour to the other. I figure it is something along the lines of having different colour constants that increase/decrease in power over time, but I can't piece it all together.

Any ideas?
Working...
X