Interacting with the hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I realized that the text "UDK" is not on that TCPLink page on the Epic site, which is probably why it never showed up in my results.

Moving on, this http://www.alexander-fisher.com/?p=159 page provides some insight into some of the questions I have, and while I've not tested it out it may be of some use to others with similar questions, not just for iOS develoment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
    [udn]TcpLink[/udn]

I found it on my first Google search; what search terms were you using?
    lol! I guess I confused it with too many other search terms. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [udn]TcpLink[/udn]

I found it on my first Google search; what search terms were you using?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
    My current tests shows that it works fine on my end. What issues are you having?
    Where can I find some info on TCPLink? Google didn't return anything particularly useful wrt UDK. Can it be used for p2p comms as well, something like a network socket?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not really to the webpage data. Theoretically you could probably do something like that with TCPLink but its not really properly supported.
    My current tests shows that it works fine on my end. What issues are you having?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look into Basic Save Object and Basic Load Object commands in the UDN. There is a tut on that around here.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another question - lol.

How would one save data on the device if one can't access external libraries? Perhaps this has changed in the recent updates, but I thought that files could not be written to without a workaround in C++.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Graylord View Post
    Canvas. You should find plenty of info on it if you look in the documentation or search for it.
    I shall look into it! Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by thundyr View Post
    No Scaleform - I forgot Apple doesn't support Flash. How does one craft a HUD without Scaleform?
    Canvas. You should find plenty of info on it if you look in the documentation or search for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not entirely surprised at the lack of hardware integration, tbh.

No Scaleform - I forgot Apple doesn't support Flash. How does one craft a HUD without Scaleform?

I'll try look into TCPLink, though I have no idea what that is right now.

Thanks for the quick reply, Wraiyth!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No to the Camera. Also, no Scaleform.
    No to the external libraries.
    Yes, look at MobileInput for how to get pitch/yaw/roll of the device
    Not really to the webpage data. Theoretically you could probably do something like that with TCPLink but its not really properly supported.

Who knows what Epic plans to do with UDK. They dont tell people

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Interacting with the hardware

Interacting with the hardware

Hi all, just a few questions about interacting with the physical hardware.

Is it possible to interact with the camera on the hand held device, and if so how? As in, can I take a photo and then use the image in Scaleform? Can UDK still reference external c++ libraries when deploying onto an iOS device? Can you detect the presence of accelerometers (to locate pitch, roll, and yaw of the device itself) and to use that information rather than needing another on-screen joystick control? Can webpage data be read into Scaleform via calls to webpages, or is that "streamed data" and therefore disabled?

Are there any tutorials/threads showing any of the above tech in action (assuming it can be done)? If some or none of these options is available, are there plans to include them in some future release of UDK?

Thanks all.
Working...
X