MobileCrowds vs Pawns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MobileCrowds vs Pawns

Currently, the enemies in my game are Pawns that I move using a very very simple AI logic (force an acceleration toward the enenmy).
    Will they render faster if instead they get setup by using Crowds?

My problem is that performance on iPad when I have around 18-20 bots on screen is too low. Even without AI so that the bots be idle on the screen, the fps go as low as 18FPS.

CrowdAgents have any internal rendering optimization to help with the drawcalls?

Well 18-20 bots is a lot to process for a mobile device. There are two ways you can go about increasing FPS, one is to dramatically reduce the quality of the bots themselves, and the second is to reduce the number of bots.

You have to remember resources are extremely limited on these devices, you have to plan every poly used carefully if you want a professional quality game. AI isn't nearly as process heavy as rendering meshes so with our without you won't see big frame drops/increases.

May I ask what the polycount for each bot is?

Comment

Crowds will be faster as they use a simplified physics model. Check out the crowd documentation on the udn for more information.

Comment

Working...
      X