app review promt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

app review promt

hey, does anyone one know how the app review prompt works. I wasnt even thinking about that. I didnt even set it up, but i assumed it was something apple did on their end.

Originally posted by OmegaBlue36 View Post
    hey, does anyone one know how the app review prompt works. I wasnt even thinking about that. I didnt even set it up, but i assumed it was something apple did on their end.
    Are you referring to when you delete an app and it asks you to review it? That was apparently removed as of iOS 4.0.

Comment

No, i mean like if you play the game every know and then, a window will come up asking if you'd like to review the game. It seems like some games ask every 3-4 times you play, some like once a month.

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaBlue36 View Post
        No, i mean like if you play the game every know and then, a window will come up asking if you'd like to review the game. It seems like some games ask every 3-4 times you play, some like once a month.
        I'm not sure how other people do it but you could create a variable called "AppLaunches" on the first run and save it to the device. Everytime the app launches it will add one to the count. From there you can also have it check what the count is at matched against a sequence you've preset, such as "on third launch, display review prompt". I wouldn't pester your users if they decide right there they don't want to review your app, but you could have it work in increments of every 3 launches or 5 or 10. Doesn't make a difference, it's just small variable changes you make on your end.

As for actual native pop-up/push notifications, I'm not certain UDK supports that. A few Google searches didn't return any useful results.

Comment

Working...
        X