Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for certain kismet functions... Does anyone know any like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Is there a way I could make the condition looking for a minimum distance between the enemy and the particle that had been shot? For example, could I have it designed to trigger the modify health node if the projectile is within x units of the enemy?

Is that possible?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you want to do that it is the same logic. when you spawn your enemy have a looping condition attached to it that looks for a minimum distance. Once this distance has been reached, spawn the projectile using the spawn projectile kismet node in the direction of the player.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm, I'm not too sure if I understand.
    It is not a particle explosion that is triggered when an enemy gets close, but a projectile that is shot from the player. I need certain projectile types to ignore damage or collision with certain crowd agents.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok to set this up is pretty simple. first, spawn your enemy with a looping condition that states when he gets within 100 units or less distance wise, trigger a particle explosion and use a modify health node with a radius. this should get the desired effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm, I think you may be onto something with the archetype's ignore function...
    However, in the ignore actors option of the projectile archetype, I can not specify certain skeletal meshes or crowd agent archetypes...

I'm sure there is a way, I just need it so certain weapons do not effect certain enemies.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can set the dynamic crowd destination (attached to player) collision radius same as the player's collision. Then you can use an archetype via reached behaviour to call an anim sequence which is notified with particles,sounds... maybe...

The projectile archetype has ignore class part. You can use it for specific weapon projectiles..Damage?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, the trigger attached to the enemy seems to work.

Does anyone know if there is any sort of "When hit by particle" event?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe with a movable trigger attached to the actor... dunno

Leave a comment:

• Looking for certain kismet functions... Does anyone know any like this?

Hey folks, I just have two quick questions, and i'd love it if anyone could give me a hand here. The game I am working on is utilizing crowds and crowd agents for enemies, similar to the Jazz demo (i'm using kismet).

I am trying to create enemies that when they touch the player, the remove health and explode and dissapear. I can't quite get the grasp of how to make the events happen when the crowd agent touches the player. Is there a certain kismet function that does this?

Also, in my game, the player has multiple weapons that they can choose from. I want to try and have certain enemies have immunities to certain weapons. Is there some sort of kismet function similar to "when hit with projectile"? That's my missing link.

I'm not too experienced with kismet, so I'm hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction, cheers!
Working...
X