Dark Textures on static meshes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Textures on static meshes?

hi, i'm fairly new to using UDK and i'm having a few issues, the main one at the moment is that whenever i put a material onto a mesh and view it in either the mobile previewer or install on iOS the materials look extremely dark, I have a few emissive lights setup in a smallish room aswell as one point light the radius of which surpasses the width and depth of the room, i'm not sure exactly whats wrong, i've tweaked different settings in texture properties and i also tried gamma correction, but neither of these seem to do much to change the extremely dark color of the textures on the static meshes, any suggestions would be welcome

UDK on IOS does not support materials, unless that was changed recently.

Comment

Obviously materials are supported hence all the documentation about materials on mobile, i think you mean that the shader network is not supported which i know.

Comment

If the textures are completely black in the mobile preview and on the device then you have to add an extra UV in your modeling program and UDK (0 and 1). Otherwise turn the brightness up times 10, some types of lighting are extremely dark compared to the PC version.

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
        UDK on IOS does not support materials, unless that was changed recently.
        Quoted.

Comment

thanks that solved it, was missing a lightmap, udk is so different from blitz3d, didn't need lightmaps in that engine...

Comment

Working...
          X