Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Crowd SkeleMeshes not lit correctly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    This is *exactly* what I came here to say. UTCrowdAgents/MobileGameCrowdAgents don't have Light Environment Component enabled by default.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the details and screenshots. They've helped narrow this down.
    UTCrowdAgents/MobileGameCrowdAgents don't have Light Environment Component enabled, so the skeletal meshes won't receive light bouncing off of the environment, only the light source. This is for performance reasons.
    One suggestion is to make your own CrowdAgent archetype that enable Light Environment Component, but just be aware of performance issues depending on your project.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Mobile Crowd SkeleMeshes not lit correctly.

Mobile Crowd SkeleMeshes not lit correctly.

Hey, I'm using a crowd agent to spawn a bunch of little skeletal meshes, but something is going wrong with how they are lit.

Below is what the skeletal mesh looks like in the editor. The key factor is that it is clearly effected by the lightingn and you can tell it is a diamond shape.

When run in the previewer (I'm using mobile), you can see that the shading does not seem to appear to be working properly. The shape on the left is a hand placed skeletal mesh, which is displaying properly. The two meshes on the right however, are crowd agents. As you can see, the shading is wrong, and they lose their 3d appearance.

Since the mesh displays fine when hand placed, I suspect the problem is not with my mesh or material, but the settings in my crowd agent archetype. Any clues to what could be going wrong?
Working...
X