Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Previewer issue in June version

Hi, guys

I've successfully deployed my Mods with Mobile previewer in UDK May version.
    Today I want to try the new released June version(Although it's already in July now, but... whatever.)

I followed the instructions to migrate my mobile project, and everything goes well when I click "Play from here"/"on PC", but when I tried "Play Level->"Play On mobile previewer", it tells me"Scripts are outdated", and nothing happened after I chose Yes. I repeated several times without anything better. I then noticed that:

1. It created a new folder "MobileGame/Script" right under path"../UDK-2011-06", with all compiled .u files there. I used to think they should be merged into "/UDKGame", since all config files and content packages were moved there.

2. The log fires lots of warnings. One of them is:
    [0046.05] Warning: Warning, Can't find files matching c:\udk\udk-2011-06\binaries\win32\..\..\Development\Src\MobileGame \Classes\*.uc
    Errr... Come on, I sure know there will be no .uc under this path.

And other warnings are about unresolved references to my materials,etc.

I think it's the command of "Play Level->"Play On mobile previewer" in UnrealEd keeps it's rock as May version. So any solution? Thanks very much.

i had same problem, for me was because i had modified the three mobile config files but forgotten to also add my package in the DefaultEngineUDK.ini after doing the +editpackages=MyModName in DefaultEngineUDK the errors disappeared and it started working

Comment

Thanks very much for ExtendsActor's suggestion. Your answer is approached to my problem. Instead of directly replace those configuration files, I've tried manually add Edit packages and other stuffs in, things get better that I can run my level in mobile previewer now (However, still some rendering issues, that would be another topic.)

Now the problems comes that the game resolution does not meet ipad screen(1024*768), which caused large black areas on the top/bottom place in mobile previewer, and the touch event cannot handle the correct spot...

Do you know where to set the game resolution? (I'm not talking about mobile previewer settings. I've also edited the [System Setting] in BaseEngin.ini)

Originally posted by ExtendsActor View Post
      i had same problem, for me was because i had modified the three mobile config files but forgotten to also add my package in the DefaultEngineUDK.ini after doing the +editpackages=MyModName in DefaultEngineUDK the errors disappeared and it started working

Comment

OK. Solved.
        I must change the Aspect ratio of the camera I assigned to 1.33333, whose default is always 1.77778

Comment

Working...
        X