Question on Archetype in Chicken Coup Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Wow ... thx guys...I'm embarassed to say I must have had some filter on or something. I don't know cause I thought I checked all that but I am able ot now see. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Make sure you fully load the package, and that you have either "All" or "Archetypes" checked in the filter, as well as not having any search terms in the search box.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks Solid Snake...I did try fully loading the package thinking that was the issue but unfortunately it didn't reveal anything new. This was why I posted here cause I was wondering if there was something else.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An archetype is an instanced object stored within a package. It allows you to tweak properties and save it within a package, that then can be used later as a reference. It's possible you may need to Fully Load packages before all of these archetypes are visible.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Question on Archetype in Chicken Coup Demo

Question on Archetype in Chicken Coup Demo

I'm getting into spawning in my current game and I am trying to get just a basic spawner working and then I will build on it. In looking at Chicken Coup, I see you guys are using a ChickenSpawnManager and ChickenSpawner. In the ChickenSpawner there is a ChickenPawn named ChickenTemplate.

When in UDK, I was trying to find what this ChickenTemplate is and I am not having any luck. When I open up the ChickenSpawner Properties in UDK, listed next to the ChickenTemplate is "ChickenPawn_Chicken'ChickenArchetypes.Chicken .Chi cken_Pawn'", but I can't seem to see anything when I select "Chicken" under "ChickenArchetypes" in the Content Browser. Can you please explain what is listed in there or if I am supposed to see something, help me with what I am doing wrong Thanks guys!
Working...
X