Play full screen movie during game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play full screen movie during game

I need to playback fullscreen movie during game from unreal script.

In documentation (http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/FullScreenMovie.html)
    said about GFullScreenMovie and some other functions to do it, but there is NO source for that staff.

Can anyone answer me how they solve this problem or knows another way to do it?

You can use UnrealScript's GamePlayerController.ClientPlayMovie() or Kismet's "Control Game Movie" sequence.

But i tried, can just hear sound no video, is this a bug or i miss some step?

Comment

We tried the same thing, it seems the movie is playing behind the game and atm there's no way to change that. Maybe in a future UDK release.

Originally posted by Xegby View Post
      In documentation (http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/FullScreenMovie.html)
      said about GFullScreenMovie and some other functions to do it, but there is NO source for that staff.
      That's in native engine code.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
        So there is no way to use that functions and class whithin UnrealScript code?

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
          We tried the same thing, it seems the movie is playing behind the game and atm there's no way to change that. Maybe in a future UDK release.

Wow, this is a massive issue, imo. Can we get info from Epic on whether this will be fixed in the next release? I'm involved in a product that depends on this...

Comment

HI

I'm encountering the same problem; the only way I can get an FMV movie to play back properly is at the start of my persistent level using a "levelloaded" event with "loaded and visible" tied to the "play" of a "Control game movie" action. This works fine - video & audio. Everything else I try (changing when it's triggered, triggering it from script or UI buttons,etc) - just gives audio.

It's mentioned in the thread that the movie is being rendered behind the scene? Is there some easy way to toggle 3d scene rendering on/off? I've had a quick look but nothing leaps out yet. (Bit of a long shot, but nothing else is working).

Would be great to get this fixed.

Cheers
            William

Comment

Could anyone give me an example of the script?

Comment

Bump. Has someone any new informations about playing movies elsewhere that in Level Loaded ?

Comment

In kismet use "Control game movie" script. Put your movie m4v file into movies folder. Command it when ever you want and test it on platform... It works!

Comment

Originally posted by Sekocit View Post
                    In kismet use "Control game movie" script. Put your movie m4v file into movies folder. Command it when ever you want and test it on platform... It works!
                    Can you give more details ? Because it plays only on material, but not on full-screen (

Comment

I did in such way:

But it doesn't work

Comment

Control Movie Texture doesn't work as far as I know on iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
                          It's not iOS. The version of UDK is UDK-2010-11

Comment

Originally posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
                            It's not iOS. The version of UDK is UDK-2010-11

Comment

"Control game movie" checks the folder with name given in kismet... Does not need material! It uses external player on ios with full-screen.. but you need to test it on platform. not on pc or mobile previewer.

Comment

Working...
                              X