Texture in Mobile Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    No that wont work, if you use your original texture then there was no point in using autoflatten.

You build your material up with the general material network then autoflatten, which carries over things such as tiling co-ordinates etc... if you went back to you original texture then you would lose all that.

C

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look, I think I found a solution, but I don´t know if is the correct way...!!!

When you click in auto flatten mobile, he creates another texture, mobile base texture.
    Just change the created texture to your original texture, so when you emulate via ios, no quality is lost...

Sorry about my poor english!!

I´m a Brazilian!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by argenzio View Post
    Configuring Flattening
    Texture flattening has a few .ini configuration values that must be set correctly for your game. These are:

[MobileSupport]
    bShouldFlattenMaterials=True
    This enables saving of flattened textures to new assets. Without enabling this feature, flattened textures will not be generated even when 'Auto Flatten Mobile' is turned on in the material's properties.

[MobileSupport]
    FlattenedTextureResolutionBias=1
    This sets the resolution bias for flattened textures. The higher this number, the lower resolution the generated textures will be. For example, a graph network material that has 512x512 as the largest texture will flatten to a 256x256 texture when FlattenedTextureResolutionBias is set to 1.

And where I can find these settings???!!!?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so ive changed the bias to 2 which makes no differce. deleting the flatterend texture and saving still gives the exact same size. Ive tried it with a zero and also commenting out the line.

What am i missing here, i have a texture which ive tiled in the mobile network, then have autoflattend tick also true within ini file.. but doesnt tile and doesnt keep same res even with above changes.

Any help appreciated.

C

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That did the trick, thx!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Configuring Flattening
    Texture flattening has a few .ini configuration values that must be set correctly for your game. These are:

[MobileSupport]
    bShouldFlattenMaterials=True
    This enables saving of flattened textures to new assets. Without enabling this feature, flattened textures will not be generated even when 'Auto Flatten Mobile' is turned on in the material's properties.

[MobileSupport]
    FlattenedTextureResolutionBias=1
    This sets the resolution bias for flattened textures. The higher this number, the lower resolution the generated textures will be. For example, a graph network material that has 512x512 as the largest texture will flatten to a 256x256 texture when FlattenedTextureResolutionBias is set to 1.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes!
    It is exact what i mean!
    Where are settings to change the size of flattened texture?
    If anyone discover it please tell here!
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was wondering too about the auto flattened textures getting scaled down. I really would like to use that flatten feature for bakeing some normal detail with the material setup in the mobile diffuse texture. But 1024 sized textures get flattened to 512 sized flattened versions and i couldnt find anything to change that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks
    It seem that the flatten tool is the cause.
    If i use the mobile settings of the material all went ok!
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can adjust surface properties by right clicking a surface (for brushes) and you'll have a couple options for scaling. Depending on what you're talking about, it might be the UDK automatically scaling the textures down.

I've had better luck not going with the flatten route. Then there's also a mobile shader option for texture coordinates. Check the mobile materials UDN page for a walk-through.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I discover that the flattened texture are half the original size.
    How to disable it?
    I want the texture flattened to be the same size!
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How are you setting up your materials? The Mobile Preview uses the material's mobile tree.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Texture in Mobile Preview

Texture in Mobile Preview

Hi all
    My problem is that in Udk Editor the texture show great, but in mobile preview (and on iphone), texture are very low quality and seemed like half resolution.
    Where are the parameter to set how a texture will be converted for mobile (size and quality)?
    Thank you!
    Attached Files
Working...
X