Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed to compile shader code (A new one w/fix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Lamont View Post
    I wish these issues were somehow put in a database for people to find (more than just searching a forum). Maybe there's a more solid solution out there?
    Well as long as people describe their problems with detail, search engines will pick it up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I wish these issues were somehow put in a database for people to find (more than just searching a forum). Maybe there's a more solid solution out there?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having this problem, among many others which is really irritating to say the least. I was hoping to actually do some development using UDK not troubleshooting.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried the same procedure on a different PC because my UDK is giving some weird problems ( mobile previewer crashes ) and it worked ok :|

I'll try to uninstall UDK completely, clean it all and reinstall all over again to see if it works.

My best regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it is happening with the demo scenes maybe there was an error with the installation. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having the same problem here with the June release
    I really don't know where to look because even the official demos (simple courtyard and epic citadel ) crashes when i send them to the iPhone...
    So i can't use their materials as reference to see what am i doing wrong

The messages
    "
    Warning, Failed to preprocess vertex shader source 'C:\Program Files\UDK\UDKGame\CookedIPhone\Shaders\ES2\0x0\Def aultVertexShader.glsl.i'; Check Binaries\...\mcpp.err for details or check the installation of Redist\MCPP\bin\mcpp.exe. Not fatal.
    Warning, Failed to preprocess pixel shader source 'C:\Program Files\UDK\UDKGame\CookedIPhone\Shaders\ES2\0x0\Def aultPixelShader.glsl.i'; Check Binaries\...\mcpp.err for details or check the installation of Redist\MCPP\bin\mcpp.exe. Not fatal.
    "
    repeat a lot when I'm building the package ... dunno if this helps to figure out the problem

My best regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So the problem was enabling "Use Mobile Point Sprites" that seems to make the game crash on start up on the iphone. I'm a bit confused, how do I use mobile point sprites with out crashing the game?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having this issue suddenly and I never check that in the mobile emmissive properties.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is still a bug and I can reproduce it in the March (Beta1) of the kit.
    Gonna try Beta 2 here to see if ti's better.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Failed to compile shader code (A new one w/fix)

Failed to compile shader code (A new one w/fix)

I got this error, and after some digging found it was because I ticked "MCES_Constant" under Emissive in the Mobile Material editor. 100% reproducible (well for me). Un-tick and all is right with the world.

Can anyone confirm?
    UDK Dec going to iPad 16GB.

Good luck and happy UDK-ing.
Working...
X