Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Tutorial] Creating input zones through Kismet (Buttons, joysticks etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Curious, could you please help me. I am unable to get this button displayed on the iPhone 4. Are we supposed to change some properties, or mobile settings under buttons to get it displayed? It works fine on the UDK iOS simulator as well as the PC run on the UDK but not when installed on the device. Please help.

Comment

How are you packaging your game damian?

Also, what is it you're experiencing when you put your game on an iDevice. Is it only the button that doesn't show? or is there more stuff missing; such as lighting? Is the button there but the texture you used not? (where you can still touch the button but it has a 'default' texture).

Comment

Not working...

Originally posted by Vawx View Post

Also, what is it you're experiencing when you put your game on an iDevice. Is it only the button that doesn't show? or is there more stuff missing; such as lighting? Is the button there but the texture you used not? (where you can still touch the button but it has a 'default' texture).
        Thank you for your reply. Actually my game displays perfectly fine, sir. The texture, lightning and everything else like I never added the button to the game. However when I press the button in the simulator it does exactly what it is supposed to do (increase the speed of my car), but this button does not get displayed on the iDevice. Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by Vawx View Post

It's only the button which doesn't show up. I can so clearly see the button on the PC run as well as the UDK iOS simulator run for the game, but it's not visible on the iOS device. One of the comments on the 2nd page recommend changing the DefaultGame.ini to the following

[Engine.GameInfo]
          DefaultGame=MobileGame.MobileGame
          DefaultServerGame=MobileGame.MobileGame
          DefaultGameType="MobileGame.MobileGame"

when I did this, the button ofcourse didn't show up, on top of that the rotation of my car using accelerometer even stopped working.

Comment

Someone please help me .. please

Comment

I have .. similar issues with a couple of custom classes that don't get loaded on iPad.
              I found this link http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ContentCooking.html and I hope I'll find the answer there.

I also have big issues with the images compression. For some reason all the images are with way lower quality than in PIE or in console mobile preview.
              I guess it has something to do with the packaging again, because I've seen UI elements on other mobile UDK games (Dungeon Defenders for example, and a few others) that show perfectly fine.
              Even the original textures from Chicken Coup are getting horribly distorted and compressed when porting to iOS with my setup.

Comment

It sounds like the package isn't being referenced by the iDevice. Check out the link fro Dragon666.

Also, dragon666, when I used my textures for iOS, I had the same issue at first. I ended up using textures that are around 128x128 and then when they are imported into UDK, double click them in the content browser and change their settings to force PVRTC4 and change the LOD dropdown to 'UI'. That helped a lot with the distortion.

Comment

Hi all,

I've already posted this elsewhere thought i would post it here maybe get some more help...

I'm having problem with trying to replace the joystick images, my own imported images don't display at all even in the mobile previewer, it must be a setting somewhere as when I use a pre installed image that comes with UDK it works fine :S Just not with my own, the images are tga's and are set LOD UI on import and I'm using an add input zone to override the images... I'm using march build.

I've not changed or added any code, it seems that from the tutorial I used you shouldn't have to?

Also does the game type selected in world properties have an effect on these things as at the moment its set to none :S

Help is much appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Really liked this tutorial. But I have a question. I want to use the button to make person move and have some problem to handle with it. So I want to learn a bit more about mobile button acces, analog input, key/button pressed, mobile input access, mobile simple swipe. Shortly say I will be pleased if you make some explanation of the input zone.

Comment

Looks like this, right? Keep the Add Input Zone selected and move on to the properties window downstairs, give it a unique name something like SuperTurboPressingZone and press the tiny upside-down triangle on the right end of "New Zone" and select "MobileInputZone" which will give you all the properties you can tinker with.
                      I have a big problem. . . the blue inverted triangle does not work. I have edited the defaultgame.ini files and it stills not working. I can put the name on the Zone but when I assign "MobileInputZone" on "New Zone" it does nothing. If theres something inside a script that its blocking or perhaps calling that new zone from another file?. Please let me know if you have an answer

Comment

Working...
                      X