Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Tutorial] Creating input zones through Kismet (Buttons, joysticks etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! really useful for me. my gratitute

Comment

Awesome tutorial!
      Thank you so much!

=D

Comment

That is really cool. Input zones seem to be stumping a few people (me included)

Adding interaction wouldnt be that hard to do in Kismet would it?

Comment

Originally posted by aZzy View Post
          That is really cool. Input zones seem to be stumping a few people (me included)

Adding interaction wouldnt be that hard to do in Kismet would it?
          Nope, go for it... But it's recommended that you implement the actual zone logic in code, this is meant only for one-off levels where you need special stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Curious View Post
            Nope, go for it... But it's recommended that you implement the actual zone logic in code, this is meant only for one-off levels where you need special stuff
            Ok awesome, im still getting my head around the code so i think i will get something working in Kismet then try it in code i am only going to have one level in my game, its a big level though. But that is just for the moment.

Thanks for your reply.
            aZzy

Comment

Thank you, great tutorial! For those looking to do things with the button in Kismet, this is what I could find...

New Event > Input > Mobile Button Access

Set up a new 'player' variable as the instigator.

In the 'Mobile Button Access' properties, change 'SeqEvent_MobileZoneBase > Target Zone Name' to the name of your input zone.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Do you know how to get the HUD to show up on my iPod? i have looked through the Chicken Coop game source and i have checked that everything that i have done is right, which it seems to be but it still wont show. Or does iOS not support custom HUD's. Only Input Zones?

Dont worry i got it solved, i was putting DrawGameHUD instead of DrawHUD.

Comment

Originally posted by aZzy View Post
                  Do you know how to get the HUD to show up on my iPod? i have looked through the Chicken Coop game source and i have checked that everything that i have done is right, which it seems to be but it still wont show. Or does iOS not support custom HUD's. Only Input Zones?

Dont worry i got it solved, i was putting DrawGameHUD instead of DrawHUD.
                  Yeah, that's it. I hope you'll continue on creating tutorials, I'll get back into it tomorrow with some new ones on how to actually use input zones to make things blow up.

Comment

I have Up and Down arrow buttons successfully showing up on my screen. What do I add to "Mobile Button Access" to make the screen move forward or backward when I press them?

Comment

Originally posted by argenzio View Post
                      Please how can i ad interaction with this button?
                      Like i push the button and start an animation?
                      Thank you!
                      I want to know that too. And also player can slide over input zone(transparent button) and do animation(like in infinity blade). Can u make tut please?

Comment

I am having an issue of the buttons not changing resolution for the 3Gs and iPad. 4Gs fits fine but 3Gs the buttons are too big and dont fit in the screen and Ipad the buttons are too small. How do I fix this?

Comment

a stupid question . . .

I'm a complete newbie to this so please bear with me. I am a graphic designer not a programmer hence the move to UDK.

My problem is probably a simple one: I would like to move an object along a horizontal plane either left, right, forward or backward buy touching it on the ipad screen. Is this possible? I have searched for video tutorial but to now avail and I have a client breathing down my neck for a prototype of his program (this is the only hitch we have). Any help is greatly appreciated.
                          TIA James Douglas, Creative Conspiracy. :

Comment

Originally posted by salochin59 View Post
                            I am having an issue of the buttons not changing resolution for the 3Gs and iPad. 4Gs fits fine but 3Gs the buttons are too big and dont fit in the screen and Ipad the buttons are too small. How do I fix this?
                            I haven't tried it but I think you can define the button zone as a percentage of the screen size instead of by pixels by using Relative.

Originally posted by James Douglas View Post

My problem is probably a simple one: I would like to move an object along a horizontal plane either left, right, forward or backward buy touching it on the ipad screen. Is this possible?
                            Did you try Mobile Object Picker? It might be better/easier to use Simple Swipes, but it would work anywhere on the screen, not just the object.

Comment

It's been around on another site for a month or so but I couldn't find it again either - THNX!

Comment

[HELP] Unable to run the button on the iPhone 4

Awesome tutorial. It works absolutely fine for the PC run as well as the mobile simulation, but when I install the game on the device (in my case iPhone 4) I am not able to see the button I designed using this tutorial. Please help.

Comment

Working...
                                X