udk remote on android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

udk remote on android

Hi all! Is there an udk remote for Android? I know that Android is not yet supported, but it would he quite handy to use an android phone for the input, for people without an ios phone. It should be Not that hard to develop such a thing, but i dont have ab ios phone to get the network protocol. Maybe someone could help, Ort already did such a thing?

You could also buy an iPod Touch you know? Used ones can't cost that much. You could also use it to test your game on the actual device, something Androidphones would not be able to do, Remote or not.

Comment

It should be possible if the data is formatted correctly on the way out. The remote code of course wouldn't work from apple as A) It's in the wrong lanuage B) It's asking for the wrong things. However if a similar one is made that reads input and formats the export string/data and talks the same as the Iphone one, I can't see why not.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWay View Post
        You could also buy an iPod Touch you know? Used ones can't cost that much. You could also use it to test your game on the actual device, something Androidphones would not be able to do, Remote or not.
        Why do you think android phones would not be able to run remote and do the same things ios devices could do?

Comment

He means that you would be able to run your IOS game on an iPod Touch which is something that Android can't do since UDK can't make games for Android yet

Comment

Working...
          X