how do you execute native code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you execute native code?

So infinity blade is supposedly built with UDK, but i saw they are offering in-app purchases? how is this possible if its not a funtion of unreal engine?

Are they using native code somehow? or are they using the unreal source itself(not udk)

What? I have no idea what you're talking about. What do you mean in-app purchases?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Havlik View Post
      What? I have no idea what you're talking about. What do you mean in-app purchases?

In-app purchases:
      http://developer.apple.com/appstore/...inapppurchase/ (requires adc login)

infinity blade Press release
      http://toucharcade.com/2010/12/20/in...old-purchases/

Comment

interested in this too.

i assumed it was on the cards but not in the udk drop. its quite an important feature to miss though.

Comment

Infinity Blade earned 1.6 million dollars in 4 days... I suppose they have licensed the Unreal Engine 3 in all its glory and implemented the new functionality.

Comment

Infinity Blade was made by Chair Entertainment Group, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Epic Games. Obviously, they have full source access and can implement features not necessarily available to the public currently with UDK.

Comment

im happy just knowing in-app purchases are supported.
              hope us udk users get access soon

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
                Infinity Blade was made by Chair Entertainment Group, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Epic Games. Obviously, they have full source access and can implement features not necessarily available to the public currently with UDK.

****. having access to native code would be awesome.

Comment

It could be yours, for only one easy payment of $350,000! I think it is somewhere around there

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Havlik View Post
                    It could be yours, for only one easy payment of $350,000! I think it is somewhere around there
                    That's the price, right. Not too much if you take into account CryENGINE 3 which is basically an unoptimized hardware orgy which costs more than a Ferrari.

Comment

You might take license pricing discussions to the guys at the licensing@epicgames.com email

Comment

Originally posted by Curious View Post
                        That's the price, right. Not too much if you take into account CryENGINE 3 which is basically an unoptimized hardware orgy which costs more than a Ferrari.
                        So true! Sure, it's 100% real-time; a 100% real-time slideshow! That things rapes hardware. Even in the tech demo on Youtube, the PC they're demoing it on is dying for fill rate. Some of the shadows only update every 5-10 frames I'm told by everyone who has seemed to work with the engine in the past that it runs 30fps on consoles and most PCs w/ vsync enabled.

$350,000 is not bad for middleware. Publishers pump millions into games nowadays, and it wouldn't be impossible to achieve that much through private investors (if it was a really, really great game with promising qualities.)

Comment

What? I have no idea what you're talking about. What do you mean in-app purchases?Infinity Blade earned 1.6 million dollars in 4 days...

Comment

even if we cant get source, it would be awesome to develop some kind of plugin system so we could write native plugins. free games will need to run ads, in app purchases are a must in the new game economy, bonjour, gamecenter, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
                              I find this really hillarious from a legal standpoint.

Epic games is asking for 25% royalty if you make a game with UDK and somehow make over $5000...

Let's think about that. How are we supposed to make over $5000 if we don't get the special access to native code that Epic/Chair does? Not only that, where is the support? The tech support or customer support? You guys want 25% royalty, while offering us just the crumbs of your "SDK"??

Seriously, think about that. Not just Epic, but any aspiring game developer reading this.

Comment

Working...
                              X