Announcement

Collapse

Infinity Blade

See more
See less

HUD not showing up on device

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HUD not showing up on device

    Hello!! I'm a complete amateur developing with the UDK. I have read and completed several tutorials for creating HUDs. Each tutorial shows up appropriately in the mobile previewer, however, when I test it on my iPad itself, I only have the version number in the upper right corner.

    Does anyone have and ideas, suggestions, or links that would be helpful?

  • #2
    Originally posted by FlameHaze View Post
    Hello!! I'm a complete amateur developing with the UDK. I have read and completed several tutorials for creating HUDs. Each tutorial shows up appropriately in the mobile previewer, however, when I test it on my iPad itself, I only have the version number in the upper right corner.

    Does anyone have and ideas, suggestions, or links that would be helpful?
    Make sure you carefully edit DefaultGame and DefaultEngine inis, specifically in DefaultEngine make sure that you first check you have added your stuff to be compiled by adding a package here:

    Code:
    [UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
    +EditPackages=MyGame
    and here:

    Code:
    [Engine.StartupPackages]
    +Package=MyGame
    Add them at the bottom...

    Now in DefaultGame.ini make sure your gametype is setup properly (which includes your HUD/input control stuff)

    Code:
    [Engine.GameInfo]
    DefaultGame=MyGame.MyGameInfo
    DefaultServerGame=MyGame.MyGameInfo
    DefaultGameType="MyGame.MyGameInfo"
    and also make sure that you've added the specific input configs which are required for the input to function... Basically specific groups of controls you've defined in script and the ini.

    Code:
    [MyGame.MyGameInfo]
    +RequiredMobileInputConfigs=(GroupName="UberGroup",RequireZoneNames=("UberStickMoveZone","UberStickLookZone","UberLookZone"))
    +RequiredMobileInputconfigs=(GroupName="InitialFlybyGroup")
    The specific group names for required mobile input configurations are yours to choose, these are the UDK's default.

    Delete the Mobile*.inis

    Hope it helps! Also, do a full recompile, full clean recook and place it on your iOS device. Should work now! And take it easy, Rome wasn't built in a day

    Comment

    Working...
    X