Possible Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I got it working, turns out just need to change my files to 8bit/channel in photoshop and export out into Targa. Thanks.

Just Wondering, but as a reply to the seperate textures and meshes statement. I imported the model as FBX, then imported the diffuse and all but the normal in under default compression. Then imported the normal under the normal compresstion rate, and add them all into a material.

Should I import all the textures seperatly, or did you mean something else?

Anyway, Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You should be importing texture files separate from models.

When a model is processed, there's at minimum one UV coordinate for each vertex (just like a vertex normal.) These values are stored in the range [0,1] so it shouldn't matter if your texture was 256x256 or 2048x2048 on your model.

Note that importing large images into UDK takes ages on my machine, and I have a 3.2ghz P4 w/ this "Hyperthreading" that emulates dual core. Even importing 256x256 textures for an iOS game takes maybe 5-10 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for such a fast reply.

It's 2048x2048, I know it's rather large but it's for a huge wall. The UVs are set to double over themselves for higher qulity. I'll try the Targa format, see if that works, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Importing .png textures should work. Non-square textures should work as well. Even textures that are not powers of 2 in their dimensions should not cause the a crash, only a message stating the import failed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Toxicgas1 View Post
    Hi, I'm new here. I just wanted to see if anyone else was having any importing problems? I can't seem to import any PNG files into the content browser with the entire program crashing.

If not, shall I redownload and reinstall (after making a backup)?

Thanks
    Not sure, but I was told in school to use Targa, and it worked just fine. Also, are your textures square? I had a classmate who couldn't import textures, but they were not square. I find that it works the best with a texture at 1024x1024 targa. I use 2048x2048 sparingly, and I use 512 when I can.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Possible Bug?

Possible Bug?

Hi, I'm new here. I just wanted to see if anyone else was having any importing problems? I can't seem to import any PNG files into the content browser with the entire program crashing.

If not, shall I redownload and reinstall (after making a backup)?

Thanks
Working...
X