Licensing of Epic Citadel UDK assets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licensing of Epic Citadel UDK assets

May I use Epic Citadel UDK assets in my commercial game?
    If no - what about non-commercial?
    Thanks!

make your own assets

Thanks!

Comment

You are free to use all the assets in UDK except those marked as skeletal mesh... so it says in the licensing. Unless it changed just now...

Comment

Q: Can I release a noncommercial game that uses the “Unreal Tournament 3” assets included with UDK?

A: Yes. You can use UT3 assets included with UDK for a noncommercial game, but not UT3 assets not included with UDK.

Q: Can I release a commercial game that uses the “Unreal Tournament 3” assets included with UDK?

A: Yes, with one exception. You may not release anything marked as a SkeletalMesh in the Content Browser in a commercial UDK application.
        Tactica is correct If you click that "Licensing" nav button at the top of the screen (it's kind of hard to miss,) and click on the massive text to the right that says "Read UDK Licensing FAQs," it's a bit further than halfway down the page.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/DevelopmentKitFAQ.html

Comment

Yes, I read the FAQ - and it says about Unreal Tournament assets not Citadel.
          I thought there is a difference between them

Comment

They're both games used to demo the Unreal Engine on different platforms

It should really say content included with UDK, with the exception of Skeletal Meshes

Comment

This is a case of the FAQ answering a specific detailed question. I'll see whether we can update it -- if in doubt, simply read the EULA/ license agreement as it's fairly straightforward :-)

Comment

Working...
              X