Issues installing to an iOS device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues installing to an iOS device

So, I know that my current iOS devices don't support UDK but, I wanted to get the process down (until I get a new iPod Touch) so, being a Jazz Jackrabbit fan, I opened up the JackMiniGame & clicked "Install on iOS Device". It then brought up the "Unreal iOS Configuration Wizard". Since I'm already a paying iOS developer, I clicked on the "Already a registered iOS developer".

I imported a mobile provision (which I correctly set up on the iOS Development website) yet, a green checkmark never showed up. I looked at the details in the iPhonePackager & it looks like the .mobileprovision file was copied to the correct location though
    Code:
    C:\UDK\UDK-2010-12\MobileGame\Build\IPhone\Distro_MobileGame.mobileprovision
    I then tried to import a certificate (that I correctly exported from Keychain) & the green check mark also did not show up. This time, the iPhonePacker details did not mention the certificate at all.

The only option with a green check mark is the "Edit Info.plist overrides...".
    My system information:
    Running Windows 7 64-bit, in VMware Fusion 3.1.2, on my MacBook Pro (that's running 10.6.5).

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Was it a development mobile provision or a distribution mobile provision that you created and downloaded? Sounds like it was a distribution mobile provision since it created the Distro_MobileGame.mobileprovision instead of MobileGame.mobileprovision. You need a development mobile provision that matches a development certificate for installing straight to a device. And then you import those and it should give you the green checkmarks. The distribution mobile provision is only needed when you are ready to submit to the App Store.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
      Was it a development mobile provision or a distribution mobile provision that you created and downloaded? Sounds like it was a distribution mobile provision since it created the Distro_MobileGame.mobileprovision instead of MobileGame.mobileprovision. You need a development mobile provision that matches a development certificate for installing straight to a device. And then you import those and it should give you the green checkmarks. The distribution mobile provision is only needed when you are ready to submit to the App Store.
      Ah, that was it. With the correct files, it built correctly. Now to just find a compatible iOS device. Oh & is there any way to set up Ad-Hoc distribution with UDK? That's one question that I couldn't find the answer to. Anyways, thanks again!

Comment

> is there any way to set up Ad-Hoc distribution with UDK

UDK users can use the Unreal iOS Configuration tool (Start Menu shortcut) to resign a packaged iOS application using their own provisioning settings, then install it to their device.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkVeil View Post
          > is there any way to set up Ad-Hoc distribution with UDK

UDK users can use the iPhone Configuration Utility to resign a packaged iOS application using their own provisioning settings, then install it to their device.
          Perfect Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X