This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hello. How create in kismet like that on pictures Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	3250013 Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	3250014 ?

''look up-down'' may release with matinee, but how divide input vectors to horizontal and vertical for set different events - move(run) and ''look up-down''(matinee)?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi,
    i have a problem with pause button in jazz
    when i touch the pause button i can't touch it again to unpause game !!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hi,
    jazz game tutorial the best for us ,
    but,my scripting and kismet modification is very bad
    I want first person style jazz game and UT deathmatch style ai ,
    please help me ,

sorry for bad english
    serhat

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please help, this is making me insane so far...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    anim notify prob

Hi guys and girls,

I have a little prob which has a great impact on a functionality. As I mentioned in title the problem is with anim notify node in Kismet. In this case anim notify start up action where kill count gets one higher. I checked all other stuff so it has to be in the usage of node. Also the names of the animation and all other stuff should be fine I doublechecked. So it is obvious that the problem is with the node like I do not mean that in UDK but in the usage of it. Had this work to you?

Here is the image how it is done: http://screencast.com/t/jWJ13Sxy7o
    It is from jack jazzrabbit source here to download: http://www.unrealengine.com/showcase...zz_jackrabbit/

And it was not working from the start so if you download the resource and try to play on ios simulator your killcount when you kill a monster will not get one higher.

Using last UDK - November or October 2012 on the download was written november if I know and the folder is 2012-10 so I am a bit confused.

Thanks

J0X3R

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can some one explain how to get the crowd agents to start on a new anim to me ? I can't find a tutorial on this. Like how when the snakes reach you they start the spit anim. I want me agent to lay down. Can someone point me to a video or a tutorial or evn just tell me how to do it. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey guys I have finished my tutorial series. The game is like Jazz JackRabbit but with a few differences, The tutorial series goes over everything =D

Here is part 1.1

il be posting more links on my thread
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ent-Blog/page3

Also sorry about the volume on the tutorials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

Can the Jazz tutorial be used to create a PC game instead of the iOS or is there fundamental differences that would prevent that? I am looking to use it as a learning tool but am not creating a game for the iOS at the moment but for the PC instead.

EDIT:-->(Never mind) Pointless question!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
    ?????????????????????????????????
    .…..... I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Forwards View Post
    Great tutorial guys! With the help of Kismet a non coder can easily watch the tutorial and understand what's happening without getting discouraged by millions of lines of code. Though I understand how to implement the controls for jazz I cannot seem to figure out how to utilize the stock udk first person controls over him. I changed out jazz with my own skeletal mesh with his own anim tree and anim set, very basic with an idle and walk animation. Instead of the two cameras linked I smashed a camera in his head and linked that to the mesh to act as a first person view. (I hope I'm not over analyzing this) i can successfully start the level in the fps view using the camera and my mesh animates with the idle animation, but for some reason he cannot move. I tinkered with the kismet controls a bit and was focused on the left analog for basic movement and got that to work to some point. With the look analog instead of using the yaw just for the horizontal rotation I also added IT to the vertical as wells thinking it would work. I used one float variable from the yaw to the x and y rotation, 2 separate floats for the x and y rotation. I've gotten as far as getting my character to move with the left and horribly look with the right analog. It seems when pushing the analog forward he looks down between his legs until he's looking at the map upside down.

Also my mesh seems to get crazy when in the mobile previewer but is fine in the play through viewport but I'm sure thats due to my mesh have far too many polys for the iOS

I am not looking for someone to fix my problem for me but to understand a little more about why it's acting the way it Is.
    ?????????????????????????????????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great tutorial guys! With the help of Kismet a non coder can easily watch the tutorial and understand what's happening without getting discouraged by millions of lines of code. Though I understand how to implement the controls for jazz I cannot seem to figure out how to utilize the stock udk first person controls over him. I changed out jazz with my own skeletal mesh with his own anim tree and anim set, very basic with an idle and walk animation. Instead of the two cameras linked I smashed a camera in his head and linked that to the mesh to act as a first person view. (I hope I'm not over analyzing this) i can successfully start the level in the fps view using the camera and my mesh animates with the idle animation, but for some reason he cannot move. I tinkered with the kismet controls a bit and was focused on the left analog for basic movement and got that to work to some point. With the look analog instead of using the yaw just for the horizontal rotation I also added IT to the vertical as wells thinking it would work. I used one float variable from the yaw to the x and y rotation, 2 separate floats for the x and y rotation. I've gotten as far as getting my character to move with the left and horribly look with the right analog. It seems when pushing the analog forward he looks down between his legs until he's looking at the map upside down.

Also my mesh seems to get crazy when in the mobile previewer but is fine in the play through viewport but I'm sure thats due to my mesh have far too many polys for the iOS

I am not looking for someone to fix my problem for me but to understand a little more about why it's acting the way it Is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by salochin59 View Post
    Please Epic. Create a full tutorial series on how to put together the JazzMiniGame. The Jazz tutorial on how to start was excellent. It would be a huge help to see step by step on how to put it together. So far I have just found tutorials on how to cut and paste which is not helping.
    You don't need a full tutorial to set it up because its black and white how to set it up just by looking at it...

Seek And Destroy Games
    Tutorials for UDK PC,iOS and 3ds Max
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lexluthornumber1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please Epic. Create a full tutorial series on how to put together the JazzMiniGame. The Jazz tutorial on how to start was excellent. It would be a huge help to see step by step on how to put it together. So far I have just found tutorials on how to cut and paste which is not helping.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by edge123 View Post
    Please help. Trouble creating actors. Don't know how to create an actor with weapon and I've got trouble creating enemy's. I also don't know how to create my own map
    The community based ones are better than the official ones and are all free,

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UDKCommunityLinks.html

Seek And Destroy Games

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by edge123 View Post
    Please help. Trouble creating actors. Don't know how to create an actor with weapon and I've got trouble creating enemy's. I also don't know how to create my own map
    If you can't create actors,enemies or maps then you have about 3 to 400 tutorials to watch...

I have over 350 on my channel so my advice would be to start watching them and get back to us in about four months if your still stuck,

Seek And Destroy Games

Leave a comment:

Working...
X