Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured out a work around. Sort of... I created an editable var for my AI actor, and plugged my mobileplaceablepawn actor into it. Then I use a custom volume. When my AI is inside, I send him to a new state and use the var containing my mobile placeable actor as the reference for the player. A little round about but it works.

Comment

hey guys im creating a game following this tutorial closely, im not brilliant with udk despite all the tutorials i have followed which to be honest could of been more.

Any way im trying to create a game almost the same as this and im using this very closely in fact almsot exactly the same. Im not fantatsic with stuff like animation and level creation and i have been working with a friend who is brilliant with 3d max.

I know this is a slightly silly and odd question, but realistically how hard would it be to follow this tutorial roughly trying to change the assets / terrain to your own? im obviously worried about creating a hud etc, and as im following this tutorial tightly little things worry me - daft question just need to settle my mind.

Comment

I'm beginner in UDK iOS, sure, this tutorial will help me .. Thanks

Comment

Also included in the download, Shane takes this game much further by adding:
          • Multiple enemy types
          • Pickups and powerups
          • Particle effects
          • Music and sound effects
          • HUD element for health and score
          • Loading and saving high scores
          • Custom input zones

is there any video footage to go with this? obviously i can load up the final piece and view all the kimset but a video to explain would greatly help, i have created my own terrain have a characrter being modeled and now im starting on my enemies and there spawning so any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

I get stuck on step one. Having pasted the KismetGame_Assets.upk in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-04\UDKGame\Content\Environments and the rest in C:\UDK\UDK-2011-04\MobileGame\Content\Maps which is already there in the April beta, I get these errors. Then after that in the first step of the tutorial I uncheck Show Categories in the Content Browser/Actor Classes, expand Pawns and there is no Game Pawn or Mobile Placeable Pawn.

Missing Files:

Code:
            Can't find file for package 'MobileGame' while loading ..\..\UDKGame\Content\Environments\KismetGame_Assets.upk
            Can't find file for package 'Castle_Assets' while loading ..\..\UDKGame\Content\Environments\KismetGame_Assets.upk
            Can't find file for package 'CastleAudio' while loading ..\..\UDKGame\Content\Environments\KismetGame_Assets.upk
            Can't find file for package 'MobileGame' while loading C:\UDK\UDK-2011-04\MobileGame\Content\Maps\JazzMiniGame.mobile
            Can't find file for package 'Castle_Assets' while loading C:\UDK\UDK-2011-04\MobileGame\Content\Maps\JazzMiniGame.mobile
            Can't find file for package 'CastleAudio' while loading C:\UDK\UDK-2011-04\MobileGame\Content\Maps\JazzMiniGame.mobile
            Can't find file for package 'E3_Demo' while loading C:\UDK\UDK-2011-04\MobileGame\Content\Maps\JazzMiniGame.mobile
            Can't find file for package 'MobileGame' while loading NULL
            Can't find file for package 'Castle_Assets' while loading NULL
            Can't find file for package 'CastleAudio' while loading NULL
            Can't find file for package 'E3_Demo' while loading NULL
            Missing Objects:
            Code:
            Outer object for CylinderComponent JazzMiniGame.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.MobilePlaceablePawn_1.CylinderComponent_0
            Outer object for SkeletalMeshComponent JazzMiniGame.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.MobilePlaceablePawn_1.SkeletalMeshComponent_0
            KismetGame_Assets.Projectile.Spit_01 (Check the log to see all references!)
            KismetGame_Assets.Projectile.Blaster_02 (Check the log to see all references!)
            KismetGame_Assets.Projectile.Blaster_01 (Check the log to see all references!)
            MobileGame.MobilePlaceablePawn (Check the log to see all references!)
            KismetGame_Assets.Crowd.CrowdAgent_TurtleBomb_01 (Check the log to see all references!)
            KismetGame_Assets.Crowd.CrowdAgent_Snake_02 (Check the log to see all references!)
            KismetGame_Assets.Crowd.CrowdAgent_01 (Check the log to see all references!)
            KismetGame_Assets.Crowd.CrowdAgent_Snake_01 (Check the log to see all references!)
            Castle_Assets.flares.LF_Sun_02 (Check the log to see all references!)
            Castle_Assets.Textures.T_Sky_04 (Check the log to see all references!)
            Castle_Assets.Textures.T_RiverRock_01_D (Check the log to see all references!)
            Castle_Assets.Meshes.SM_RiverRock_01 (Check the log to see all references!)
            CastleAudio.UI.UI_TouchToMove_Cue (Check the log to see all references!)
            MobileGame.SeqAct_MobileCrowdSpawner (Check the log to see all references!)
            E3_Demo.Meshes.SM_ShaneSky_01 (Check the log to see all references!)
            Castle_Assets.Textures.M_SkyDome_04 (Check the log to see all references!)
            MobileGame.Default__MobilePlaceablePawn (Check the log to see all references!)
            Castle_Assets.Textures.T_RiverBed_02_B (Check the log to see all references!)
            Castle_Assets.Textures.T_RiverBed_02_N (Check the log to see all references!)
            Castle_Assets.FX.M_FX_Smoke_SubUV_01 (Check the log to see all references!)
            CastleAudio.Player.Footstep_Walk_01 (Check the log to see all references!)
            CastleAudio.Player.Footstep_Walk_02 (Check the log to see all references!)
            CastleAudio.Player.Footstep_Walk_03 (Check the log to see all references!)
            CastleAudio.Player.Footstep_Walk_04 (Check the log to see all references!)
            CastleAudio.Player.Footstep_Walk_05 (Check the log to see all references!)
            CastleAudio.Player.Footstep_Walk_06 (Check the log to see all references!)

Comment

No Snake

I haven`t used it for a while. I have seen the snakes before. After a couple of month and a new version, the snakes aren`t coming. Is that UDK instability, or has to do somthing with a new version?

Comment

I'm new to udk and i was trying this tutorial with the april release but in my MoblePlaciblePawn their is no pawn tab to put the skeletal mesh under where can i put this?

Comment

Hy , i am having a big problem with the Jazz Mini Game tutorial. when i select Play from here, the system doesn't spawn the enemies. I have tried everything but the crown system doesn't seem to work. I have no other problem. Please help me with this problem.

Thanx

Ok, so after some searching:

I found out that the problem i had in the post above was occuring on the april Build 2011 so i installed the januarry build and found that the problem was not occuring and the crowd was spwaning normally . so until someone has a quick fix for this or it's fixed in another build i sugest we use the older versions of udk.

Comment

Originally posted by kiz View Post
                    Also included in the download, Shane takes this game much further by adding:
                    • Multiple enemy types
                    • Pickups and powerups
                    • Particle effects
                    • Music and sound effects
                    • HUD element for health and score
                    • Loading and saving high scores
                    • Custom input zones

is there any video footage to go with this? obviously i can load up the final piece and view all the kimset but a video to explain would greatly help, i have created my own terrain have a characrter being modeled and now im starting on my enemies and there spawning so any help would be much appreciated.

I have found and watched the first video, but I havent found other videos that go over this other stuff. Are there other videos?

Comment

Originally posted by kurtisthe1st View Post
                      I'm new to udk and i was trying this tutorial with the april release but in my MoblePlaciblePawn there is no pawn tab to put the skeletal mesh under where can i put this?
                      Same problem here

Edit::: --> Solve it. <<--

Comment

Can it be converted to be able to play on PC?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisDodge View Post
                          Can it be converted to be able to play on PC?
                          Yes, if you remove the input zones,change the HUD,replace the weapon and do a little adjusting here and there.......
                          Can't see the point personally but hey, that's your prerogative!

Comment

Originally posted by Lexluthor1 View Post
                            Yes, if you remove the input zones,change the HUD,replace the weapon and do a little adjusting here and there.......
                            Can't see the point personally but hey, that's your prerogative!
                            You could do a complete overhaul, but what if you have a PC with a touch screen?
                            UDK "mobile preview" maps a touch to a single click (no multitouch). Is it possible to port the game to take advantage of touchscreens on the PC?

Comment

Originally posted by kernalphage View Post
                              You could do a complete overhaul, but what if you have a PC with a touch screen?
                              UDK "mobile preview" maps a touch to a single click (no multitouch). Is it possible to port the game to take advantage of touchscreens on the PC?
                              Don't know is the simple answer....
                              It does seem like a lot of work for game that there's no finish to and if there was you'd complete it in 30 minutes........

Personally I'd think on the lines of your own game design and porting that to whatever you like....Using a prototype like the Jazz mini game would be pretty pointless...

Seek And Destroy Games
                              Tutorials for UDK PC and iOS
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/lexluthornumber1

Comment

Please help. Trouble creating actors. Don't know how to create an actor with weapon and I've got trouble creating enemy's. I also don't know how to create my own map

Comment

Working...
                                X