Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utech: you're not gonna find a start to finish tutorial for this just yet, this stuff all really depends on the game that you want to make. all you can really do is learn everything by learning a little at a time then putting it all together into a cohesive game.

Comment

Originally posted by elitemantis View Post
      As much as I love Jazz and the little game that comes with it, this tutorial was horrible, as far as tutorials go.

The dude most of the time wasn't explaining what he was doing and just blazed through everything. I mean it's cool that you can make games really fast with just Kismet and I guess you shown it with this vid, but if your goal is to TEACH, then take into consideration that pausing and rewinding every 10 seconds or so is very annoying for somebody wanting to learn.

I learned more by looking at the finished game's Kismet tree and playing around with it.
      I must agree with that.
      I just followed the "tutorial", i have learned only a little; it wasn't a tutorial but a demonstration of the power of UE Mobile and Kismet.

By the way, it was helpfull to understand some mechanics, thank you very much and sorry for my english

Comment

i would like this tutorial from start to finish too, it is a very interesting tutorial but after the video i dont know how to continue. Dose anybody understand how the enemies are made, where the the behavior of them is created and where collision is handled?

Or what would i have to do if i want to make a button to let the rabbit jump for example?

Comment

Can't find file for package 'KismetGame_Assets' while loading C:\UDK\UDK-2010-12\MobileGame\Content\Maps\KismetTutorial_Start.mo bile
          Can't find file for package 'KismetGame_Assets' while loading NULL

Please give us the rabbit in Maya, 3dsMax or Softimage, otherwise my day is ruined

Comment

That happens when you place the mobileGame folder in a directory where the names include spaces or funky symbols. best to place it in your udk directory

Comment

Originally posted by Indecom View Post
              That happens when you place the mobileGame folder in a directory where the names include spaces or funky symbols. best to place it in your udk directory
              That didn`t make any sense to me. There are no funky symbols in the mobileGame directory. But I did try to put it in the UDK directory, and the same thing happens. All the content is missing. Only some gameplay icons come up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman4 View Post
                That didn`t make any sense to me. There are no funky symbols in the mobileGame directory. But I did try to put it in the UDK directory, and the same thing happens. All the content is missing. Only some gameplay icons come up.
                He is referring to the full path name. For instance, if you put it into My Documents there are spaces in the file path. However - I get the same thing. It doesn't appear to be anything to do with where it is located - I put it directly into c:\UDK and I get the same exact error.

Comment

... when downloaded the jazz tutorial its contain folder= mobile game /Build /Content ( 176 MB). I have to download it twice. Anyway copy kismet tutorial_start.mobile to c:/ UDK/UDK-2010-12/Mobilegame/content/maps ...then copy KismetGame_Assets.upk into c:/ UDK/UDK-2010-12/Mobilegame/content/Environtment . It works for me.

Comment

Works!

Originally posted by tenkoi View Post
                    ... when downloaded the jazz tutorial its contain folder= mobile game /Build /Content ( 176 MB). I have to download it twice. Anyway copy kismet tutorial_start.mobile to c:/ UDK/UDK-2010-12/Mobilegame/content/maps ...then copy KismetGame_Assets.upk into c:/ UDK/UDK-2010-12/Mobilegame/content/Environtment . It works for me.
                    Now it loads without error. Thank you!!!!

Comment

First of all thank you for the "Walk Through". The game level looked wonderful. Were any BSP's used in the level creation or is it all static meshes imported in? Just curious as how you got the lighting and the textures to look so toony. Does Ureal have a toon shader? I am new to Unreal - I am coming off of Unity3D. UDK iOS support is mind blowing.

Comment

I agree the level is an amazing work. It is amazing how it was stylized. I am still wondering if that wouldn`t be to much extra work, to also provide some original assets in max, maya or softi. Maybe a video of importing them to udk. I am not totally new to UDK, but for the guys that are new, they cannot create new content, without setting up bones properly. Is there a naming convension by the way?

Comment

Sorry Flak, but i've a small problem...
                          In my level I've added Named Variable and draw image but i don't know which is my var name??

Please help
                          sorry for my english i'm from italy..

Comment

The HUD_Gameplay variable is just bool varible that when set to false, it hides the icons for health and score. It is located in the blue settings area with the other variables.

Comment

This is the type of tutorial that I want!! A quick, here is how you do stuff! I can then take what I learned and tinker with it to learn more.

The only issue I have is that I want to learn more! You've posted that you've added power ups and other cool features. So a short video series should be made showing this process.

Thanks again for making this tutorial!!

Comment

THNX By The Way - Any chance to extend this tutorial showing how to build one intro, menu to select levels , select weapons and how to integrate game center ! So Far So Good !

Comment

Working...
                                X