This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx a lot @ taylorneenja!
    That helped to compile without any problems! (using May beta)

Comment

Hey guys...

thanks for sharing your work with us... I enrolled into Apple developer's to be able to get provisioning and deploying to my iphone on January, but I've spent all these months learning to model and 3d animation until now...

On January I successfully loaded and deployed chicken coup to mu iphone 4 with no problems, the last couple of days I modeled and imported a couple of assets into udk mobile editor but but now when I click on Play In Active Viewport I still get the chicken coup stats and behaviour on the screen ... how can i go about and starting fresh without reinstallind the UDK which i've thought of doing, but I know you guys know much better than I do

thank you

EDIT: Alright, got it working

Comment

I'm getting into spawning in my current game and I am trying to get just a basic spawner working and then I will build on it. In looking at Chicken Coup, I see you guys are using a ChickenSpawnManager and ChickenSpawner. In the ChickenSpawner there is a ChickenPawn named ChickenTemplate.

When in UDK, I was trying to find what this ChickenTemplate is and I am not having any luck. When I open up the ChickenSpawner Properties in UDK, listed next to the ChickenTemplate is "ChickenPawn_Chicken'ChickenArchetypes.Chicken.Chi cken_Pawn'", but I can't seem to see anything when I select "Chicken" under "ChickenArchetypes" in the Content Browser. Can you please explain what is listed in there or if I am supposed to see something, help me with what I am doing wrong Thanks guys!

Comment

Now that the July release is out, how does this tutorial extract / build without a mobile directory? I don't expect developers to forward support their tutorials ... just wondering if anybody in the community has this up and running in July and if there are available instructions?

Comment

its not free
            http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chick...406166873?mt=8

Originally posted by JeremyStieglitz View Post
            Hey all, we have the "Chicken Coup" UDK Mobile game in Apple's submission queue, so if we're lucky it may go up on the App Store this year (free of course). Here's hoping!

In the meantime, definitely encourage ya to download the source (simply extract it over a new UDK Dec 2010 installation and it will become your "MobileGame") and try it out yourselves on provisioned iOS devices. The title uses GameCenter for leaderboards so you'll see some pretty challenging High Scores up there already (note that this development build will put you on GameCenter sandbox, which is separate from the public GameCenter your apps ultimately have on the App Store). I think our current record is around 40,000 points. And good luck earning all of the Achievements... mwahaha

If anyone has any Q's about how we created this little game our how the UnrealScript works, by all means post here and we'll spill the beans.

Have fun and we're all looking forward to seeing what everyone creates with UDK Mobile... let the floodgates of awesome portable Unreal games open

-Jeremy Stieglitz

P.S. Please check out our other Unreal Engine powered iOS title, Dungeon Defenders: First Wave, which just hit the App Store today! http://itunes.apple.com/app/dungeon-...404296113?mt=8

Comment

may i use this source (UnrealScript things) to create my commercial game?

Comment

Hi,
                First, I'm very appreciate your source. It look like a good game and good point to start study. I've just downloaded and unzib all file to the udk install folder. However, when I open UDK editor, I can't see this game. Then I opened the map file: ChickenMenuMap.mobile and received this error

Can't find file for package 'ChickenGame' while loading D:\UK\MobileGame\Content\Maps\ChickenGame\ChickenM enuMap.mobile
                Can't find file for package 'Barn_Props' while loading D:\UK\MobileGame\Content\Maps\ChickenGame\ChickenM enuMap.mobile
                Can't find file for package 'ChickenHUD' while loading D:\UK\MobileGame\Content\Maps\ChickenGame\ChickenM enuMap.mobile
                Can't find file for package 'ChickenMusic' while loading D:\UK\MobileGame\Content\Maps\ChickenGame\ChickenM enuMap.mobile
                Can't find file for package 'ChickenVFX' while loading D:\UK\MobileGame\Content\Maps\ChickenGame\ChickenM enuMap.mobile
                Can't find file for package 'ChickenGame' while loading NULL
                Can't find file for package 'Barn_Props' while loading NULL
                Can't find file for package 'ChickenHUD' while loading NULL
                Can't find file for package 'ChickenVFX' while loading NULL
                Can't find file for package 'ChickenMusic' while loading NULL

Thanks in advance!
                Tien

Comment

Thank u~~ 嘿嘿

Comment

Hi. Thanks for putting this up here. I'm looking through you're code to see if it can help me with my mobile touching. I ported some it over to my game code and I'm having trouble getting this line to compile

Code:
                    TouchHandles[Idx].GrabbedActor = bestDraggable.AllowDragging(self);
                    It gives me the following error... Error, Type mismatch in '='

I'm not sure why it would give that since "AllowDragging" seems to return an actor. Maybe I'm wrong about that. I'd greatly appreciate any help.

Comment

There are a lot of changed parameters to functions, etc, in this example - is it possible to have someone update this to work with the current release of the UDK? It's not a very useful tutorial anymore, if we can't get it to run without massively having to 'guess' how it should be changed in order to work.

Thanks,
                      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by gdijim View Post
                        There are a lot of changed parameters to functions, etc, in this example - is it possible to have someone update this to work with the current release of the UDK? It's not a very useful tutorial anymore, if we can't get it to run without massively having to 'guess' how it should be changed in order to work.

Thanks,
                        Jim
                        First of all, there was no need to bump this thread, and second it's not a tutorial, it's a game, no one is going to update it, you might as well just download it and take a look at the source code, and try to modify it, just learn ad nauseam, and when you have a small problem, create a thread, but you can't expect someone to update the whole source code, if you want it to work without changing anything, download an older version of UDK

Comment

An code example isn't very useful if it won't compile and actually run without major modifications. If no one's going to maintain it, then they should remove the sticky.

By the way - it was a sticky. I didn't bump anything. This is supposed to be a code example, and when coding in most other languages from professional companies, the code examples that are on the main forums (and stickied as examples) are usually kept up to date. This is to give programmers a solid baseline of how a project should be designed rather than just hunting and stabbing based on a zillion disparate sources. Without that baseline, it's trickier to get started and you may do stuff wrong...

I'm not trying to offend here - but they shouldn't put this up as a current example if it's not a current example. Especially with all the changes to the UDK in just the last 6 months alone. It's frustrating and time wasting. Also, I don't even know what UDK version was used to build this example to start with.

Thanks.

Jim

Comment

Thank you so much guys, the fact that you guys would share this means to so much to me and probably the community.
                            Dungeon Defenders is awesome and I learned tons about interface/combat techniques just by playing your game so source code is like I just won a golden ticket. Mucho amor XD <333

Comment

Hey could I have some help every time I install it it never works e.g. I can't load any content. And then when I copy across the content form the MobileGame folder into the UDKGame folder it just comes up with errors. BTW I am using UDK-2012-10.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ClumsyRecon View Post
                                Hey could I have some help every time I install it it never works e.g. I can't load any content. And then when I copy across the content form the MobileGame folder into the UDKGame folder it just comes up with errors. BTW I am using UDK-2012-10.

Thanks
                                I think you need to download an older version of UDK. The one they use is Dec 2010. Directions from page 1...
                                "download the source (simply extract it over a new UDK Dec 2010 installation and it will become your "MobileGame") and try it out yourselves on provisioned iOS devices."

Comment

Working...
                                X